• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aussieamp related goodness for cheap

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Hey folks hope everyone is keeping well. I've not been around these parts for sometime.

Selling a few Aussieamps/HPA bits including a completed 4 channel amplifier.

Please note none of the prices include P&P. And payment is via paypal only or cash on collection.

First up one very fine amplifier.

I'll start off by saying there's around £1300 worth of hardware including the case work which was £320 alone. Modules where around £600, PSU's around £300, £90 on toroids and then all the quality wiring and connectors.

I'm asking a crazy and stupidly cheap £300 for this stunning amp. I can and will post within the UK at a cost of £25 to the buyer. Alternatively the buyer is welcome to collect from Chesterfield, Derbyshire. Please note I will not post this overseas.

There's four Aussieamps NX400NL-LSP modules in there with loudspeaker protection relay(avoids turn on pop too) and 200w into 8ohm each. These modules also have high quality Elna Silmic and Carafine capacitors fitted. Superb modules with a highly refined sound. Also included are two Aussieamps PSU-Three(40800uf each) supplies and two very high quality Airlink toroids(can't remember the size but I think they're 600VA each). High quality parts used throughout with QED XT400 speaker cable, solid copper core for all the power and ground related hookup, van-damme balanced shielded interconnect cable, Neutrik XLR's and substantial insulated binding posts that will take and securely hold virtually any cable on the market.

This amplifier was a real labour of love and will be sorely missed but an upgrade now forces sale. I was using it to power the low end sections of a 3.5way loudspeaker for about a year and a half and its never missed a beat. I'll note that it might sound even better with rebiasing as I had the unit mounted in a very small shelve alcove with little ventilation and purposely set the bias to lower end of the recommended range to reduce the heat in that small space. Putting the bias up to the top end recommendation might yield further sound improvements and the heatsinks are certainly upto it providing you give it adequate space all around.

The case is all aluminium, very substantial and well ventilated. Looks a million bucks as well.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

4x Aussieamps NX400NL-LSP modules.

I can't remember much of the technical details about these modules as Anthony has taken the details down from his website now. Great sounding modules with Elna Carafine and Silmic caps. Loudspeaker protection relay built in to save expensive drive units from faults and no turn on pop either.

Power is 200w 8ohm.

I have 4 of these left but only 3 are working(they're perfect condition). One is faulty after a silly mistake by me. I'll throw in the 4th and faulty one to anyone who buys the 3 working ones. I'm sure Anthony would repair the module for a cost if you send it back to him or maybe even help you repair it if you asked nicely. He was going to do it for me but I never got around to posting it.

£150 for all 4 or £55 each. Bargain for modules that originally cost £150/350$AUS each.

2x Aussieamps PSU-Three

60 Amp 200 volt ultra fast soft recovery diodes
Dual protection fuses before rectifiers
RFI filtering on supply rail output
Fitted with 40,800uf capacitance each
LED status on each DC output rails
Quick spade connections for input and outputs
Total of 4 x fused DC supply rail outputs
Bleed down resistors across each supply rail

£50 each or £95 for the pair. New price is £162 each at current exchange rate.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
I forgot to add that the amp is configured for balanced input at the moment but a simple wiring and connector change and it can be run unbalanced. The connectors are neutrik xlr's at the moment but there's a neutrik RCA connector that's a direct slot in as it shares the same foot print.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.