FS: DIY 2A3 SET amp, or for parts - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th April 2010, 09:42 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default FS: DIY 2A3 SET amp, or for parts

I've tinkered with this for many years, and I've recently switched from HE speakers to dipoles, so it's time to move in a different direction. The amp works fine and sounds good, but I'd recommend buying it only if you are comfortable working on it. I don't have a schematic, and there have been multiple mods made over the years, so there will be some reverse-engineering required.

Parts:

OPT: One Electron UBT-3
PS transformer, choke, heater transformers: Hammond
Caps: PS electrolytes are Nichicon, coupling caps are Russian surplus (I think teflon)
Tubes: Sovtek 2A3s (I have 2 matched pairs, one set is several years old, the other probably a couple of years old), JJ 5AR4 and ECC99s

The topology is pretty simple. It started as a schematic I found on the JE Labs website, then evolved from there. The PS is a common CLC section with (I think) a 10H choke, then RCRC for each channel. The ECC99s have a battery under the cathode, and are RC coupled to the 2A3s.

I probably have around $400 in the iron, I think I once calculated the whole amp to be around $5-600 in parts. I'd like $150 + shipping, OBO. Paypal preferred. All that iron is heavy, so the closer you are to Portland Oregon, the less shipping will be

Feel free to post here / PM / email with questions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1421.jpg (99.9 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1422.jpg (130.4 KB, 151 views)
Old 11th April 2010, 09:51 PM   #2
ra7 is offline ra7  United States
diyAudio Member

pm sent.
Old 11th April 2010, 10:27 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I'll take a spot in line!
Old 11th April 2010, 10:38 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Me three!
Old 11th April 2010, 10:57 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the interest. The amp is tentatively sold. If it doesn't work out, I'll contact the next person in line.

Hide this!Advertise here!