• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Free Speaker Cabinet/Sub Boxes & Grills

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
100 pallets sounds like chaos, either 99 and half will be left at the end of the day, or 12:01 somebody with a semi will take them all. I'm in the city of Orange, and could drive down, but nothing I own would hold a pallet of boxes, and I don't have a lot of garage space either.

Any chance some of us SoCal people could get together on a truck and a place to store and distribute a few pallets?

I'm thinking about buying a couple dozen of the 4" Vifa coax drivers to use as a general project speaker, so I would like to get some enclosures that fit them if possible and maybe a few sub boxes, but I can't really take a whole pallet or pallets.

BTW I haven't seen many of you all in years, just bumped across this from the craigslist post.

I will post some pics. I only have a station wagon but may be able to borrow my brother's truck to load up, though the station wagon probably is more optimal from how much I can haul.

Just wanted to confirm- we won't have to take the entire pallets right? I'm only interested in about 20 cabs total.

Oh, and I hope your shop will be open for other purchases- I'll be needing some Toslink cables while I'm there.

Empty Speaker Cabinets for Speaker Building;

Shipping pallets any distance is $100 to $200, it would have to be somebody in SoCal with their own transport and storage facilities.

OTOH maybe someplace like PE would be willing to manage the sales if enclosures could be stored in SoCal and drop shipped? If nothing else it should sell a LOT of speakers to go in the boxes.

Of the 50 pallets that started the day, maybe 15 are gone, some items all were gone by the time I arrived about 1PM, but lots of the good stuff is left. Many very nice 12" sub boxes in various finishes, and several pallets of the dual 12" push pull boxes. There was a pallet of coil spools, all the same size, maybe 10 pallets of the dual sub boxes, maybe 5 pallets of various single 12 boxes, a pallet of U enclosures that would go around a monitor. Speaker stand boxes with no holes on the front, designed to be filled with sand, but I think a few minutes with a router and a template and speaker mounting locations could be made.

I filled my car and bought $300 in drivers, and I find myself thinking, I should go back and get a pair of X or Y etc.

My haul;
Dual speaker sub box.
Single 12 sub box.
Pair of the 6 driver surrounds boxes.*
Four of the white 2ways.
Pair of small 4 driver surrounds in piano black finish.
pair of the tall white behind the sofa surrounds.*
Pair of the black no hole stands.

M&K woofers and tweeters for the * marked speakers.
14 (half a case) of the 4" Vifa coaxial speakers, which unfortunately did not fit in a any of the boxes, but I may try using anyway by cutting holes in the boxes meant for stands, and adapting some other driver spots.

I'm undecided on what 12" to use in the big dual box, and didn't get anything for crossovers yet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.