B&K 606 Tube Tester - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th March 2010, 04:52 AM   #1
pjanda1 is offline pjanda1  United States
diyAudio Member

Default B&K 606 Tube Tester

This little guy has proved to be an invaluable piece of gear. But today I found something a little fancier (no doubt more troublesome!), and there is only room for one tube tester in my life. The B&K 606 is a great basic emissions tester with an excellent gas test (folks say better than other simple testers) that is small and very easy to use. This one in excellent cosmetic condition and comes complete with the charts an manual. Both the 'lytics have recently been replaced. I've run a few dozen tubes through it (small signal, rectifiers, power tubes and VR tubes), and it hasn't failed me. The nine pin small signal socket is fitting loose. I've been able to use it fine, but you could consider tightening it up or replacing it (easy) if it bugs you. $50 plus shipping. You won't be sorry. I'll try and get pics up soon. After this week, I might be out of town for awhile. So, if you need it, jump now!

Paul
Wild Burro Audio Labs - DIY Full Range Speakers
Old 29th March 2010, 06:06 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Rats. I really hate to do this. I just checked Ebay, and these guys are bringing more than I expected: the last two were $112 and $130. So, let's split the difference. I'll take $80 for it, but I can't go lower. I wish I hadn't posted before looking. I should add that if you haven't got a tube tester, this is definitely worth $80. I put off getting it for a long time, and I'll never be without one now.

Paul
Old 30th March 2010, 04:31 PM   #3
hates ground loops
diyAudio Member

Do you ship to Europe? Do you know how much the shipping would be? Paypal?
Old 30th March 2010, 04:52 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

You are a moment too late. I just put it on Ebay. It is a standard auction and I won't break the contact and end it early. I'll be on the road a bit next month, and I want to be sure I find a home for it. I have the ebay shipping option up as a USPS Large Flat Rate box. I don't know whether or not it will calculate correctly. Let me know which country you are in, and I can get you a solid quote.

Paul
Old 30th March 2010, 05:03 PM   #5
hates ground loops
diyAudio Member

Too bad. Shipping would be to Austria.
Tube testers seem to be scarce where I live. Shipping is expensive, but it's not far from what the postal service here or in Germany is charging. Crazy, somehow.
Old 30th March 2010, 05:21 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Looks like the Flat Rate box would be $56 USD to Austria, which is more than I would have thought. I just missed a guy (local) who was selling a 606 and a Precision emissions tester, both for $35. Should have been more aggressive on that one. . .

Paul

Hide this!Advertise here!