• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB Twisted Pear IVY III (or other good I/V, blank board is fine too)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone buy an extra IVY III board they're not using and willing to part with?

I bought a Buffalo II DAC on the first day it went on sale, and very stupidly waited to see if the Counterpoint II was going to come out before I pulled the trigger on the IVY III. It didn't come out, so I went to the Twisted Pear site to buy an IVY before I got my Buffalo, and voila, no more IVY's in stock.

If anyone bought an extra circuit board or kit they would be willing to part with, I would very much like to buy it. Right now I have a Buffalo II with no output stage, and I am, of course, itching to get it up and running.

I would also consider purchase of a Counterpoint, or a Pass clone D1 I/V stage, or anything else that would work with the Buffalo. Blank boards, kits, or built up boards are fine.

Thank you for reading my post.

Aaron.

I already built a Hagerman Chime, with a tube output stage. I want to use a solid state output for now with the Buffalo II to have something different, and something that doesn't depend on tubes. I could modify my Chime to accept the output from the Buffalo (but only in voltage output mode, which I am trying to avoid), but that is probably a bit down the road if I decide to do that at all.

Thanks for pointing out the Lampizator though, it is an interesting output stage that I hadn't looked at before.

I read in the Buffalo thread that the Counterpoint is imminent, so perhaps I'll just have to be patient. But if anyone has an extra IVY III board they don't want, I'd be happy to buy it from you.....

Aaron.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
@Aaron
I have an IVY III, but I need to know if Erno Borbely can modifie the filter of mine Borbely I/V for the Sabre ESS90018, Erno buy also the BII to TP so until do not know something about Erno can't sell the IVY III, but mine advice is if you can wait better buy an discrete I/V like Counterpoint or better Erno Borbely like mine.

Felipe

IVY-IIIs are available now

Fantastic! Thank you so much for letting me know they are available, and for all the time and effort you put into making your products available to the DIYers. I am really looking forward to building my Buffalo and sitting back and listening....

@Aaron
I have an IVY III, but I need to know if Erno Borbely can modifie the filter of mine Borbely I/V for the Sabre ESS90018, Erno buy also the BII to TP so until do not know something about Erno can't sell the IVY III, but mine advice is if you can wait better buy an discrete I/V like Counterpoint or better Erno Borbely like mine.

Felipe

Thanks for being willing to part with your IVY, but luckily they became available. I plan on building a Counterpoint when it comes out too, and then use the IVY in a DVD/SACD player to improve it's output stage. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Aaron.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.