FS/FT Audio Nirvana Super 12 Cast Frame drivers in custom cabinets - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th March 2010, 02:03 PM   #1
vaughn is offline vaughn  United States
diyAudio Member

Default FS/FT Audio Nirvana Super 12 Cast Frame drivers in custom cabinets

These are for local pick up in the Bellingham WA area...

I just finished building these and they aren't my cup of tea, I guess I am just a horn guy at heart. Too bad as they are the nicest looking speakers I have ever made! If your into mid-century style here you go...

The cabinets are 4.5 cu ft tuned to 38hz. Constructed of 3/4 no void baltic birch with glue blocks along every interior corner. They are also braced front to back and side to side. I covered them with ribbon mahogany veneer and and made magnetic grills as well. The tops are a 11/4" solid surface material and the legs are solid aluminum with leveler feet. Honestly the pictures don't do them justice! I haven't tried these with single ended tube amp yet but they don't match well with the solid state gear I have in the house, maybe yours would be different.

I am asking $500 for them, but would consider reasonable cash offers or I would entertain offers for a nice PP tube amp in trade(straight amp or integrated).

I would be more than happy to audition them for interested parties. At this point I am not really interested in parting them out as then I would have a very nice pair of cabinets that it would be difficult to find a home for.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 25th March 2010, 03:11 PM   #2
ra7 is offline ra7  United States
diyAudio Member

I'd take the drivers if you're willing to let them go separately. I'm in WA.
Try slapping them on an open baffle, it might change your mind. Also, these mate very well with tube amps in general.

Nice looking cabbies!
Old 25th March 2010, 03:32 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I'll keep you in mind if I decide to part them out

I love the sound of open baffle speakers, I just don't have the room for them.
Old 25th March 2010, 07:57 PM   #4
tg3 is offline tg3  United States
diyAudio Member

I bought the Zaph BAMTM from vaughn and can attest he does very fine work.
Old 25th March 2010, 10:17 PM   #5
pjanda1 is offline pjanda1  United States
diyAudio Member

That doesn't seem unreasonable for the cabinets alone, given the quality of the work and materials! I envy your skills and hope they find a good home.

Paul
Wild Burro Audio Labs - DIY Full Range Speakers
Old 26th March 2010, 12:07 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg3 View Post
I bought the Zaph BAMTM from vaughn and can attest he does very fine work.
Thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjanda1 View Post
That doesn't seem unreasonable for the cabinets alone, given the quality of the work and materials! I envy your skills and hope they find a good home.

Paul
Wild Burro Audio Labs - DIY Full Range Speakers
Thanks for the compliments, I do believe you would spend this much to have a cabinet maker build these cabinets. The legs can also get quite expensive!
Old 26th March 2010, 04:14 PM   #7
badman is offline badman  United States
diyAudio Member

Beautiful work! I wish I were close enough (I'm in SoCal) to trade with you- I have a nice old ST70 that needs a little TLC and some other stuff to sweeten the pot, but shipping doesn't work for this sort of transaction. These would make some SUPERB "Econowaves".
Old 26th March 2010, 04:32 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

The funny thing is these cabinets were Ewaves with JBL LE14A's and B&C DE250's before this. I had tried to sell them with no takers and ended up selling the drivers separately. I then modified the cabinets and spruced them up with mahogany veneer and the full range drivers...

I do wish you were closer! I've been wanting to try a good PP EL34 amp for a while.
Old 26th March 2010, 04:49 PM   #9
badman is offline badman  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughn View Post
The funny thing is these cabinets were Ewaves with JBL LE14A's and B&C DE250's before this. I had tried to sell them with no takers and ended up selling the drivers separately. I then modified the cabinets and spruced them up with mahogany veneer and the full range drivers...

I do wish you were closer! I've been wanting to try a good PP EL34 amp for a while.
Take a vacation down south mate

surprised you didn't dig the e-waves, but to each their own. I've only heard my version of the Ewave which is quite a bit different than the standard- the horn is really the only similarity, and even that I've modified quite a bit.
Old 26th March 2010, 04:58 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Hi vaughn

In the event if you decide to keep them, you may want to install some equalization network.

Hide this!Advertise here!