• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS/FT Audio Nirvana Super 12 Cast Frame drivers in custom cabinets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These are for local pick up in the Bellingham WA area...

I just finished building these and they aren't my cup of tea, I guess I am just a horn guy at heart. Too bad as they are the nicest looking speakers I have ever made! If your into mid-century style here you go...

The cabinets are 4.5 cu ft tuned to 38hz. Constructed of 3/4 no void baltic birch with glue blocks along every interior corner. They are also braced front to back and side to side. I covered them with ribbon mahogany veneer and and made magnetic grills as well. The tops are a 11/4" solid surface material and the legs are solid aluminum with leveler feet. Honestly the pictures don't do them justice! I haven't tried these with single ended tube amp yet but they don't match well with the solid state gear I have in the house, maybe yours would be different.

I am asking $500 for them, but would consider reasonable cash offers or I would entertain offers for a nice PP tube amp in trade(straight amp or integrated).

I would be more than happy to audition them for interested parties. At this point I am not really interested in parting them out as then I would have a very nice pair of cabinets that it would be difficult to find a home for.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I bought the Zaph BAMTM from vaughn and can attest he does very fine work. :)

Thank you sir!:)

That doesn't seem unreasonable for the cabinets alone, given the quality of the work and materials! I envy your skills and hope they find a good home.

Paul
Wild Burro Audio Labs - DIY Full Range Speakers

Thanks for the compliments, I do believe you would spend this much to have a cabinet maker build these cabinets. The legs can also get quite expensive!

The funny thing is these cabinets were Ewaves with JBL LE14A's and B&C DE250's before this. I had tried to sell them with no takers and ended up selling the drivers separately. I then modified the cabinets and spruced them up with mahogany veneer and the full range drivers...

I do wish you were closer! I've been wanting to try a good PP EL34 amp for a while.

The funny thing is these cabinets were Ewaves with JBL LE14A's and B&C DE250's before this. I had tried to sell them with no takers and ended up selling the drivers separately. I then modified the cabinets and spruced them up with mahogany veneer and the full range drivers...

I do wish you were closer! I've been wanting to try a good PP EL34 amp for a while.

Take a vacation down south mate :D

surprised you didn't dig the e-waves, but to each their own. I've only heard my version of the Ewave which is quite a bit different than the standard- the horn is really the only similarity, and even that I've modified quite a bit.

Take a vacation down south mate :D

surprised you didn't dig the e-waves, but to each their own. I've only heard my version of the Ewave which is quite a bit different than the standard- the horn is really the only similarity, and even that I've modified quite a bit.

I've built a few Ewaves, I like them! This last version had a QSC waveguide on top of these cabinets and was just way too massive for my living room. The LE14A/DE250 combo was a winner for sure...

Hi vaughn

In the event if you decide to keep them, you may want to install some equalization network.

Thank you for that, I'm going to look into it...:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.