New unused pair Duelund VSF copper 3.9uf for crossovers - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th March 2010, 08:56 PM   #1
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default New unused pair Duelund VSF copper 3.9uf for crossovers

not much more to say that the subject doesnt, I bought these Duelund copper foil VSF caps towards the end of last year when I was planning a single ended amp build, yes I know they are crossover caps, but I have used this type to good effect in the signal before and they dont cost near as much as the cast caps, so for lower voltage builds they are actually a good value if you are after the duelund sound, ie natural unfatiguing but transparent and full of detail. as caps go IMO they really dont get any better than Duelund.

Thing is I changed direction and now my gear is all balanced, DC coupled gear and rarely sees a cap in the signal path at all, so buying another 2 was not really an option. I paid slightly over 200 a piece for them from partsconnection and they retail for 264USD each, on sale for 211.61ea at the moment. I will take 300 including PP fees for the pair plus shipping, so obviously local would be better for the buyer and TBH its slightly less hassle for me, although I go down the post office at least a couple of times a week anyway.

could perhaps be talked into a trade for some nice iron or quality alloy with wooden panels case, at least 2 x 200va with 40-0-40vac secondaries (240v primaries preferred and if not a higher VA rating) Plitron, SUMR or similar quality encapsulated in cans. will update later with some pics, got some already but gotta search them out.

can email me at qusp (at) optusnet dot com dot au that'll keep em guessing

thanks for reading, pics when I wake up tomorrow, made a couple of no trouble buys on here recently and no sales, but have a long and quality feedback thread on head-fi under the same user name

cheers

Jeremy

Last edited by qusp; 8th March 2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 9th March 2010, 12:57 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

ok heres the pics, the bags were opened only to sniff the heady aroma and take some photographs of the wonderful effect on the side in the sun, anyone who has bought duelunds before will know what i'm talking about, the smell of mother earth with this package with 10 caps was enough to totally dominate the house for a few days. they have since lived in a plastic bag, totally unused. although I was tempted to try them out in my valab.

the 3.9f are the ones for sale, they are the larger ones in the first pic. if anyone would like me to take some pics by themselves i'll try to take some tomorrow. The 2.2uf in the pic have long since been in use in my dac

Click the image to open in full size.

reasonable offers for both cash and trade considered, no low ballers

Last edited by qusp; 9th March 2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 10th March 2010, 05:03 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

ok, I have an opportunity to buy some headphones (L3000) I have been hinting to the owner I want for years and they have given me a one time opportunity, but it requires a bit of cash flow, so i'm going to drop these temporarily (till the weekend) to 225 for the pair. shipping is your responsibility. should not cost that much even for reasonably fast international rates. if interested I can find out a more accurate price for the postage given your location.

so thats half price for a new pair, unused

thanks for reading

Last edited by qusp; 10th March 2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11th March 2010, 02:42 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Sold!!

Hide this!Advertise here!