• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Need someone with a credit card...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys,

I just attempted to place an order for a few samples from ON semi and they only accept "regular credit cards". I attempted to place the order with a reloadable credit card(which was registered to me and my address) but it wouldn't go through.

I am looking for someone within North America (preferably Canada) to help me place the order (approx $15) and to ship the parts to me. I can repay you via paypal for all fees incurred. I am also willing to pay in advance if it gives you more peace of mind. Reputable member only!

Thanks

The ! in my username is causing it; I did contact admin a while back and they didn't respond. Either ways, it's not a big deal...

I honestly don't know too many people with a credit card; I suppose I could ask my parents but it would be kinda awkward to be asking for "mommy's credit card".

If required; I can provide references from other forums, ebay, etc...

I just attempted to place an order for a few samples from ON semi and they only accept "regular credit cards". I attempted to place the order with a reloadable credit card(which was registered to me and my address) but it wouldn't go through.

Are you sure that's really the issue? Some credit cards block international orders as a default when a card is issued; they want the user to proactively phone them and clear up the usage before allowing those transactions.

I'm pretty sure this was not the case, I phoned their help desk and I was told that it's probably the card.

I have heard on the rumour mill that semiconductor help desks are experts in credit cards, but just the same why don't you do something absolutely crazy like phone your card provider :D

EDIT: ah, you added that last part after I posted :) You make a strong argument but I would still call your provider.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.