• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Linn Parts for sale, NOS & used

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Linn parts for sale,
Former service-center stock.
“NOS” means New Old Stock
“Used” means what one would expect, most exc cond unless noted- all considered as-is, details provided where available.
Email for prices and photos.
Prefer to sell as a lot- make an offer. Shipping from Canada to anywhere with verified payment, such as postal money order, etc....... email to: auddoc@yahoo.com No *******, please

NOS…… LP-12 motor, with 60Hz pulley.
NOS…….K-18 MK I stylus in box, never mounted.
NOS…….LP-12, 2-speed, 2 LED momentary power switch assy, with bezel and block.
NOS…….LP-12 arm-boards, Two pre-drilled for generic arm or Linn, One undrilled
NOS…….BASIK platter
NOS…….AKITO cue assy.
NOS……..XLR (Fem 5 –pin) to four RCA( Male)- older Linn interconnect
NOS……..LP-12 Plynth, Black, new in box
NOS……..LP-12 Sub-Chassis, Qty 2
NOS…….AV5140 speaker stands with spikes, Qty 3
NOS……..SPKR007/2- 6 inch woofer/ mid, 7 Ohm- Kielied speaker- QTY 2
NOS……..SPKR013/4- 6.5 inch woofer/ mid, 8 Ohm - ?spkr QTY 4
NOS……..SPKR017/1-6.75 inch woofer/ mid 8 Ohm.- ?spkr QTY 4
NOS……..SIZMIK power amplifier module Qty 2
NOS……..5140 tweeter, SPKR015/1, 6 Ohm, QTY 2
NOS……..5140 MID, SPKR016/3, 8 Ohm, QTY 2
NOS……..5140 LOW MID, SPKR022/1, 8 Ohm, QTY 2
NOS……..5140 speaker cab parts various, ports, etc.
USED……LP-12 tonarm cable, older style, black, exc cond. QTY 2
USED…...AKITO tonearm, with base, counterweight, exc cond
USED…...AKITO tonearm, missing base, cue assy and counterweight- As is.
USED……LP-12 Valhalla power supply motor drive PCB. Easy to repair. As –is.
USED……LP-12 Valhalla power supply motor drive PCB. Easy to repair. As –is.
USED……SIZMIK power amplifier module, as-is, Qty 4
USED……LK140 power amp PCB, one blown IC, easy repair, as-is, QTY 2
USED…… 2250 AUDIO power PCB, as-is, one blown TDA IC, easy repair.
USED…….5125 Audio power PCB, 5 channnel, as-is, ?condition- no blown ICs, though.
USED…….5140- 3 way passive crossover module, PCAS 188, nice, QTY 4
USED…….KLOUT power amplifier, all new parts, needs driver PCB repair and reassembly, as-is.
USED…….LK280 power amplifier, all new parts, needs repair and reassembly, as-is.
Various lengths…..Linn K400 speaker wire, four conductor, big and black, flat, shortish runs.
Schematics/ service docs available- email for details

Hmmm...

I'm planning to build my own table right now...

I need a motor and tonearm. What do you suggest (and pricing)? I'm on a strict budget: New house, wedding in a couple months, living in New York, etc. You understand.

I do not want to insult you with an offer when I have no idea of the value, so if you want to make a couple suggestions and a price I am happy to consider it!

Thanks in advance!

J!m

Jim,
Within the list of parts, is almost enough to build a nice LP12 table. Plynth, subchassis, arm,armboard, motor, cable, switch, and I could spare some springs, belt , upper and lower bushings from my own LP-12 maintenance kit, I suppose. You would still be missing the top plate, lid, hinges, spindle/ platter assy, and a few odds and sod's, cartridge, ac cable, grounding wires, misc hardware, fasteners I could provide...though. You're still into aprox 1200 to 1500 in parts from me, then the missing stuff which you probably might have to pay retail for. Linn gives nothing away. My LP-12 is fully tricked out with the best stuff and to give a sense of scale, is insured for about 12k replacement, retail, of course. I couldn't have afforded this without having worked for the Canadian distributor. It's sorta like trying to build a Ferrari out of spare parts. No cheap way to build a complete one, even at the low prices I am asking. Maybe not ideal for a guy on a budget. Worth it though- I got favorable spousal approval after it was heard. But maybe budget is all relative. The average house price here on the left coast, is around a million for a crap 3-bed, 2 bath box, in a low-rent neighborhood, nice nieghborhood, same house: 1.6 Mill- that's way more than a *******' chateau in France, with dettached servants quarters, on 20 acres. email to auddoc@yahoo.com for further conversation.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
having worked for the Canadian distributor.

Is that still Mike?

If you just want a table on the cheap, a motor, motor controller (if auddocs motors are 60 Hz you don't even need that), subchassis with bearing and inner platter, arm, and belt us all that is needed, the rest is diy plinth, and outer platter -- i'm doing mine Rega style so need need to diy an arm board.

You can also diy a motor controller, there are some threads here i believe.

I have a motor purchased to repair my last LP12 (owned at least a dozen) but it was really bad caps on the Valhalla, and have a inner platter bearing assembly a friend had left over from an upgrade. We'll make a corian outer platter, and an acrilic plinth. Probably put my Hadcock on it.

dave

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Linn LP12

Please could you send photos & prices of:

NOS……..LP-12 Plynth, Black, new in box
NOS……..LP-12 Sub-Chassis, Qty 2

To calculate the shipping fees: I'm living in Spain.

If possible I prefer Paypal payment.

If you need mine e-mail, let me know I send you a PM

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.