• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Lab grade Power amplifers for Sale..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings Folks:

I am helping out a friend, and want to sell these Optimation power amplifiers. They are from NASA, and are used to drive shakers if you can believe it but make an overkill audio power amplifier. 250W @ 100Khz. For more info... you can place a post.

Attachments

• Optimatiion PA250AC 009.jpg
    Optimatiion PA250AC 009.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 465
Gentleman:

I have spoken to John, and hopefully the moderator will allow him to immediately post details today. He has already registered... and I'll let him give the details.. be patient...And yes these are Julie Research Labs.. I saw them, and internally they are crystal clean.

A....

;)

Information on Optimation Lab Amplifiers

Henry Wolcott, designer and manufacture of the prestigious "Presence 220" Tube Amplifier also designed a Laboratory Grade Amplifier for Primary Calibration Laboratories. It is called the Optimation PA-250. The Quality and Specifications were in such a league of their own, the U.S. Bureau of Standards (now NIST) bought several for their Primary Labs. There are several versions of over a thousand PA-250's manufactured. The most common is the PA-250H, inwhich a 15 Ohm Output can be used into 16 Ohm Speaker Loads. The Rare and more sought after Optimation Amplifiers, we have only a limited few left for Audio is the model PA-250AC. It's 3.75 Ohm Output, can be used into 4 Ohms, 250 watts of ultra-low distortion power. The Frequency Response extends out to 100,000 Cps! An Isolated Output with essentially Perfect Regulation Characteristics is provided along with absolute Output Stabiltiy even under worst case loading conditions. This unsurpassed combination of performance parameters has been made possible by use of a patented hybrid circuit utilizing eight blowercooled output vacuum tubes (6CA7), unique balanced positive and negative feedback circuit and a sophisticated output transformer design. Other attractive features include front panel metering of output voltage, output current and individual power tube condition! For more information, I welcome You to phone or email me. John Lion (559) 255-9096 LionElectronicLabs@BigPlanet.Com

Greetings JD, The price is for each. I forgot to mention, these PA-250AC's are Late Production once sold by Julie Research Laboratories (JRL). Upon removing two face screws, lowering the face, it is obvious these were built in conformance to Mil Spec. Using a HP204C for an input & German Prema Model 6048 Digital Multimeter (8.5 Digits) to measure the AC Output, the PA-250AC is clearly conservatively rated. By the way, my compliments to the German's, who designed Prema 6048 DMM, we use in our Primary Cal Lab. Best regards, John Lion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.