• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DAC with UTC A20 transformer coupled outputs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Let me start be linking to a thread where this DAC and modifications to it are discussed at length;

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/137976-experience-diy-dac.html

Over 2000 replies so I will make a long story short...

Excellent DAC in stock form but when the output of the DAC is directly coupled to the output jacks via a pair of high quality 600ohm/600ohm transformers(in this case UTC A-20's) it becomes a world class digital front end. No opamps, no discrete circuitry, no tubes, just a transformer. You can read the thread for more info than I can give here. It is cased up in a nice quality black anodized ParMetal enclosure(which happens to match the amp I have for sale:yes:). I spent about $350 building this and will sell it for $300 obo shipped in the lower 48.

URL]

URL]

URL]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.