• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pre-order for SemiSouth SiC JFETs, check out the price!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have secured a batch of SJEP120R100 & SJEP170R550 SiC JFET directly from Semisouth.

SJEP170R550 - new 1700V part with lower capacitance, lower transconductance, lower power dissipation.
ETA: expect to finish matching and start shipping out by mid or late March.
Price: $33/ea for the first 4 pcs, $30/ea for the 5th to 8th pcs, $29/ea from the 9th pcs onward

SJEP120R100 - the original part used in FirstWatt J2.
ETA: expect to start shipping out to you by late May. I'll try to talk with semisouth to see if it is possible for them to sent me a partial delivery first. If ok then I might be able to bring this to you one or two months earlier.
Price: $38/ea for the first 4 pcs, $35/ea for the 5th to 8th pcs, $34/ea from the 9th pcs onward

To save you the trouble, I have done the maths for you:
Qty____R550_____R100
_1______$33______$38
_2______$66______$76
_3______$99_____$114
_4_____$132_____$152
_6_____$192_____$222
_8_____$252_____$292
10_____$310_____$360
12_____$368_____$428
14_____$426_____$496
16_____$484_____$564
18_____$542_____$632
20+_____ask______ask

The quantity discount will also be valid if you buy a combination of R100 and R500, i.e. $3/ea off base price for 5th to 8th pcs and $4/ea off base price for 9th pcs onward.

Matching will be provided by default.
Due to the quantity that I have (500 pieces for R550, even more for R100), matching will not be a problem.
If you order 2, you get a matched pair, you order 4, you get a matched quad.
For any number you order, I will give you all JFETs that are in a continuous band.
In rare cases, I might give you JFETs from two bands. e.g. you ordered 8, I might give you 2 matched quads instead of a group of 8. In such cases you can use them for left and right channels. Let me know if this will be a problem.

Prices include Paypal fee.
Free international shipping via registered airmail with min 2 pcs of SiC JFET.
I will donate $0.50 to diyaudio for every piece of SiC JFET sold here.

pricing and payment
I reserve the right to change the pricing later.
For all who pre-order, this will be the maximum price that you will pay.
You only need to pay when I'm ready to ship.
For all USA buyers, I will bill you in USD as prices stated here.
For non-US buyers, I might bill you in my local currency SGD (Singapore dollar) for the equivalent of the USD amount, exchange rate determined by yahoo finance.

Pre-Order in this form

Zhou Fang

Its my understanding that SemiSouth maintains intellectual(patent) rights to the SiC semiconductor technology developed at Mississippi State University with an initial manufacturing facility in Mississippi and has located its main headquarters and sales office here in Austin,TX.
Good to see supply dropping the prices somewhat! You've obviously made an investment and I'm interested in pre-ordering several of each from you.
I'm curious if these will be coming out of the Mississippi site, or has SemiSouth has developed a manufacturing partnership/investor with a non-US facility??

Thanks, Charles

Semisouth promised to ship out at least 100(quite limited) R100 JFET to me on March 19.
The R550 (plenty) will be shipped to me together with these R.
More R100 are on the queue.
Plus some time for shipping and matching, I should be able to ship these JFETs out in early or mid April.
The price will be significantly reduced from the above figure, I will announce the exact price later.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.