• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Entire guts of Adcom GFA-565

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, My Dad visited a few months ago and I wanted to show off my Adcoms. Plugged them in as had been using a chipamp for a while. The left channel burped a few hundred watts into my speaker for about seconds before I hit the power switch and it turned off. Never tested it. I took it apart carefully today. and am selling all the parts. Dont know whats messed up but I tested the 10 Toshiba TO3 2SD424 and 10x 2SB554 on my little semiconductor tester from M3Electronics and they all seem to work. Obviously the massive toroid still works. Who know I might just have lost ground but I wanted to rip their guts out and build Pass amps in them for a while now anyway.
Will sell all boards, all caps, the massive toroid and all output devices for $100 plus shipping.
By the way looks like someone serviced this thing recently. Has Panasonic FMs in the input board.
Uriah

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.