• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: DAC output transformers - Onectics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I have for sale a few DAC output transformers. All new, never used.. See photos below.

These were custom designed for the output stage of a voltage DAC. Core is 48% nickel.
There are 1:1 ratio with with a center tap on both primary and secondary. So you could have 1:1, 2:1 or 1:2 ratios.
These are PC pin types made for fit on a PCB. They can, of course, be hand wired.

I had these made by Bud Purvine of Onetics transformers. I have listened to and tested many transformers, the Onectics have always been the best I've heard.

Cost is $45 US each, shipping to any USA address is free! For international, please inquire. Paypal in US funds preferred.

Attachments

• onectics-1.jpg
    onectics-1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 928
  • onectics-2.jpg
    onectics-2.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 901
Interesting. Would these be able to combine the balanced outputs from a CS4397 into a full-voltage single-ended output?

I am currently running single-ended from the "+" output pins, straight into my amp after an MKP. Basically, I am wondering if these would improve my sound?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
They are 1:1 ratio but deigned to be driven from a source of about 100-200 ohms into a load of about 10K or more. Typical of a voltage out DAC into a preamp or power amp.

DCR is about 50R. But that is NOT the impedance seen by the load - except at DC. At anything about 15Hz, the source will see the approx. the impedance on the secondary.

BTW, dimentions are: 36x29mm 29.5mm high, including the pins.

Hello!

I have a board on the way for this project:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/137976-experience-diy-dac.html

And was wondering if these would work well for that. Many have bypassed the output and replaced it with transformers such as these. I believe the impedance of the chose trannies was 600 ohm, but I am not positive of the final verdict...

Anyway, if these would work well, and are still available, I am interested in a set for that project. I would also need pin-outs for the transformer as well, since I am quite the novice with these things!

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I sent payment for the 2 transformers as arranged, but have not had confirmation from you. also have not had any replies from you since a few days ago when I told you I had to shift some more funds into paypal. assuming you are busy with work or something, but some sign of life would be good.

thanks

from what I understand they only have one center tapped primary and one center tapped secondary. so basically there is an in and an out for either SE or balanced use. I could only see a few of the pins in the pic and its hard to find pics of this model transformer. if you could take a pic of all the pins I should be able to show you, otherwise you could mesage BudP who is the designer and a member of this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.