Anyone have a built-up DAC they want to sell? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th February 2010, 11:27 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Anyone have a built-up DAC they want to sell?

I'm hopeless with a soldering iron but love DIY stuff ...

I was persuaded recently to part with a Peter Daniel Audiosector NOS dac which I really miss now

Anyone got a comparable NOS DAC they are willing to part with (especially one with its 'bits' on display - like the Audiosector or the Altmann Attraction)?
Old 12th February 2010, 07:50 AM   #2
Banned

I'll build you a Lampizator Lampucera-style DAC (www.lampizator.eu) complete with OS-CON capacitors for not much money. The output voltage straight from the chip is plenty, so it doesn't even need any kind of signal-degrading output stage. I use one, and it pretty much meets or beats everything besides the Buffalo32. PM me if you're interested!
Old 12th February 2010, 10:36 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Someone here has a peter daniels NOS DAC for sale for 250 + shipping....
Old 18th February 2010, 11:49 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to cartman
FYI: Elektor Audio DAC 2000 for sale w/ BB PCM1704U-K !!!l
Old 18th February 2010, 04:14 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by montesquieu61 View Post
I'm hopeless with a soldering iron but love DIY stuff ...

I was persuaded recently to part with a Peter Daniel Audiosector NOS dac which I really miss now

Anyone got a comparable NOS DAC they are willing to part with (especially one with its 'bits' on display - like the Audiosector or the Altmann Attraction)?
Hi,

I have a Peter Daniels NOS dac and USB dac - mounted one atop the other. I may be willing to let go of the normal dac - I would like to keep the USB for other applications.

The dac is mounted on a block of yew and is totally open.

Picture can be supplied if you need.
Old 18th February 2010, 05:38 PM   #6
john65b is offline john65b  United States
diyAudio Member

I have a TDA1543 x 4 Kusinoki Style DAC I don't need -
Old 4th August 2010, 06:31 PM   #7
Tea-Bag is offline Tea-Bag  United States
not politcally affiliated
diyAudio Member

I have a Peter Daniels NOS USB DAC with ELNA Silimic II caps, riken output resistors and BG-NX output caps for sale if someone is interested.
Old 4th August 2010, 07:13 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

I have a Pass d1v3 variant (jFet's), that yet to made it into an enclosure but it will eventually, unless...
Old 4th August 2010, 08:38 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

This is an oddball suggestion and it assumes that you only need the DAC and not the transport.

There is a cottage industry (and probably a ton of DIY projects) where a Behringer DEQ2496 (dsp equalizer) is modified. The improvements can be dramatic, since the analog out section is the unit's weak link. Some of the mods are probably excessive, but there are some modest ones that can give very good sound. One possibilty is a unit modified by Audio Interfaces (they replace the output sections with transformers). There are other companies of course and I will confess these folks are friends of mine.

My suggestion is to look into these modified ones (especially where the analog out has been the focus of the work). If you can avoid the analog input and just use digital input (eiter AES/EBU or S/PDIF), they sound even better.

In addition, there is an equalizer you can play with. That alone can solve a number of problems (eq'ing is best when it is done sparingly)

Last edited by WithTarragon; 4th August 2010 at 08:45 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!