• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: Already Built DIY Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
All,

I am looking for an already built speaker. Preferably a Zaph design (and that is only because I have heard one and was impressed) - but I am open to others.

I understand that many of you find this hobby to be extremely addictive and often think about your next project before you even get done with the one your working on. If you find yourself in that situation, where you have already built a speaker and are looking to collect funds for a new project via selling your previous project, please get in touch with me.

Although I am open to anything at the moment, I am leaning towards performance more than value. For example, if I had to choose between say Zaph SR-71 vs ZRT (or ZD 5) - I will choose the latter (given that it is not cost prohibitive).

Thanks,
D

zaph speakers

I started with 5 SR-71s but I think I have sold 4 of them The last one is available cheap if you're still interested. you could buy a single new speaker and save alot of money. The kit is really easy to build. If all else fails you would just follow the speaker you allready have as a template. Let me know. It's a good deal.

I have a pair of Modula MTM's designed by John Marsh over on HTGuide forum. They are in a MLQW aligned cabinet that sim's like this:

RS180pairresponse.jpg

check the scale...

They look like this:

2679274911_aef43eb7a8.jpg

They won Best of Show @ diyAtlanta this past August. One of the speakers they beat were Jim Griffin's (he brought them) JX92S and Aurum Cantus G2Si MLQW's, though just barely...;) The port interior has since been painted to a dark brown. The above photo was earlier at diyDayton.

I also would part with a pair of Lynn Olson designed ME2's.

Reason for selling: I have a speaker building habit. I need to finance it.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Thank you all for posting. Some of you have sent pictures while I am still waiting to hear back from others. I ended up purchasing a pair of Zaph SR-71s ($400) but and still searching for another pair of speakers. I would be best if you could send me pictures of whatever you are willing to sell and your asking price to: dkalsi AT gmail DOT com.

In regards to the budget, I am looking to spend say $400 - $600, but am willing to go up to $1,300 should the speaker warrant the asking price. I am willing to consider much cheaper speakers as well -- as long as the performance is there.

Thanks,
D

Jorda JS92x TL speakers

I'm considering selling my Jordan TL's, but shipping from the UK may be prohibitive.

They no longer have outriggers fitted [problems with the spikes] but I do still have them. They just have standard spikes now.

Attachments

• LongballSide.jpg
    LongballSide.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 87
  • LongballPair.jpg
    LongballPair.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.