• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS:Tamura audio + Edcor power transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm selling these as a kit(not separately)

The audio trafos were pulled from a Panasonic Ramsa mixing console and are thought to be Tamuras. They are 1:1 600ohm and sound SUPERB. Of all the trafos I have tested they're second(not by much) only to the Jensen JT-11P-1. Markings on them are: AMT A 0042 - A4 T10B

The power trafo is an Edcor 10V 2A EI (0930)

All are in good condition. Pics available upon request.

I'm asking $65 including shipping(CAN, US)

Paypal only

How do you test a 10K:10K transformer against a 600:600?

Very easily. I presently have two identical CS4398 DACs. One with the Jensens and one with the Tams. Only the C/R values differ. They both sound great.
Another DIYaudio member(Legarem) has these same trafos and has tested them on a scope. He was quite impressed and stated they were among the very best he had tried.

@ CustomHT In my system they are more musical than the Cinemags. The Cinemags have more weight to them. If you PM me I'll send you pics by email.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.