FS: 1 pair of B&C 21SW152-8 21" Subwoofer Drivers. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th February 2010, 11:51 PM   #1
opc is offline opc  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default FS: 1 pair of B&C 21SW152-8 21" Subwoofer Drivers.

I'm reluctantly selling my pair of B&C 21SW152-8 21" drivers. I've been using the pair in separate 0.707 sealed boxes with EQ, and they're nothing short of absolutely incredible. These are the finest subwoofers money can buy, bar none.

They're less than a year old, and have only been used in a clean, smoke and pet-free home environment. They're both in perfect condition, and will be packed in their original boxes.

It's difficult to portray the physical size of these drivers, and one truly has to see them to understand. The first time I took these out of the box, I had to sit down and laugh at the sheer size of them. Pictures don't do these justice.

I'm selling these because I live in a condo, and to be honest, I don't really get to use them. Drivers like these are enough to bother neighbors in a fully detached house, let alone a condo. Call it a poor choice on my behalf, but I really had to hear these, it was an itch that wouldn't go away.

I've attached several pictures of the drivers, along with a datasheet, and a nearfeild measurement of one driver in a sealed box with EQ. I didn't push these below 20Hz, but it would be easy to do.

They retail for $816 each new, and I'm willing to part with the pair for $1000. As I said, they're in like-new condition, and have only seen very light use. Most of these drivers find homes in sound reinforcement, so you won't find a used pair that haven't been abused and exposed to harsh environments. This is a pretty unique opportunity.

Buyer pays shipping, or is welcome to come pick them up in Ottawa. I make regular trips to Montreal, Vermont, Kingston, Toronto and Sarnia, so a drop-off might be possible if you live in or near any of those cities.

Cheers,
Owen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front.JPG (161.2 KB, 551 views)
File Type: jpg Back.JPG (137.6 KB, 533 views)
File Type: jpg Side.JPG (136.2 KB, 524 views)
File Type: jpg Response.jpg (340.9 KB, 532 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 21SW152-8.pdf (165.7 KB, 61 views)
Old 9th February 2010, 09:32 PM   #2
thadman is offline thadman  United States
diyAudio Member

PM sent
Old 13th February 2010, 06:55 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I haven't had any solid offers on these yet, so I'm dropping the price down to $900 for the pair. That's getting pretty close to half price...

Any takers?
Old 16th March 2010, 02:54 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Well, still no firm offers on these, which has me a bit surprised. I figured at that price they'd be gone by now. Maybe it's just a matter of finding the right person.

Anyhow, the price is now $800 which means you're getting two drivers for less than the price of one.

Cheers,
Owen
Old 16th March 2010, 04:21 AM   #5
badman is offline badman  United States
diyAudio Member

Wow, they look like beauties. Good luck with the sale!
Old 16th March 2010, 05:24 AM   #6
tg3 is offline tg3  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by opc View Post
Well, still no firm offers on these, which has me a bit surprised. I figured at that price they'd be gone by now. Maybe it's just a matter of finding the right person.
Might have better luck on a prosound audio site.
Old 16th March 2010, 06:29 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Hmm $800/pr huh, someone is gonna grab these, if I had the moolah they'd be on thier way here....
Old 16th March 2010, 01:47 PM   #8
JoshK is offline JoshK  Canada
diyAudio Member

For perspective, what was the size of the 0.707 sealed box?
Old 16th March 2010, 07:47 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

PM`d
Old 2nd April 2010, 09:13 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

sent a PM

Hide this!Advertise here!