ESS AMT II Speakers for sale or trade - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th January 2010, 10:53 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default ESS AMT II Speakers for sale or trade

Okay so here goes:

I have a pair of ESS AMT II Heil Air Transformer speakers for sale. I do not know much about them but they do work and sound good to me (though I do not consider myself an audio enthusiast). They are not in perfect condition, however. Here are some of the issues I noticed with them:

The fabric screens on the covers have small holes in them and should be replaced.
There is not badge on the covers.
The Passive Radiators (i.e. dummy speakers in back) are shot and need to be replaced.
They sound a little scratchy when the crossover is adjusted, it probably just needs a good cleaning.
The glue failed on one of the crossovers so the coil is taped on.
One of the tabs on connectors is broken but it still works.

Other than that, they seem to be in great shape! I am really picky so I tried to list everything I noticed wrong. The tweeters are in stellar condition and the rubber surrounds around the woofers is still intact. The finish on the cabinets is black and is in fairly good shape but not tip top.

Like I said, I do not know a lot about these speakers but I do know that, when restored, they go for about $400 to $500. Mine are not perfect so I absolutely do not expect to get that much. I was thinking closer to $200.

Trades: I am willing to trade these for a decent set of ceiling speakers, surround sound receiver (can be old, I don't care), BluRay Player, PS3, or anything else you might have! I would actually rather trade than get cash. I can add cash to make the trade happen if necessary.

Shipping: I would like to avoid shipping so local pickup in the inland empire area of California is preferred. If that fails, I will ship. As a very last resort, I will part them out but I really don't want to have to deal with that.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Thanks for looking
Old 27th January 2010, 11:18 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 28th January 2010, 12:59 AM   #3
nyatt is offline nyatt  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi. I am interested, but I need to know where in Ca you are. I am in the SF bay area.
Thanks!
Old 28th January 2010, 01:04 AM   #4
rdf is offline rdf  Canada
diyAudio Member

If you haven't already, check E-bay for the going rate on those tweeters. They typically go for more than you're asking for the complete set. They often go for more than complete speakers because of the shipping hassles.
Old 28th January 2010, 03:29 AM   #5
limono is offline limono  United States
diyAudio Member

Default I'm interested as well

but you will have to ship ;(
Old 28th January 2010, 04:34 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyatt View Post
Hi. I am interested, but I need to know where in Ca you are. I am in the SF bay area.
Thanks!
I am in Grand Terrace. It is by Riverside and the zip code is 92313

Thanks!!
Old 28th January 2010, 05:33 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Okay, I have taken some more photos, here are a couple. There are some more online here: ESS AMT - Windows Live

After getting them out and looking at them some more, I noticed some other stuff. Noting huge, I just donít want to surprise anyone that comes to look at them.
One of the little mounts that holds the wires to the cabinet has come unglued (see picture).

The cabinets are in worse shape than I remember. They are structurally okay but they need to be refinished as there are a fair amount of scratches in them. I apologize if I made them out to be better than they are.

As always, feel free to contact me for any questions.

Thanks!

[IMG]y1poV0W8BgZnbhGQ33wpwwDzjs4RFD82X4uocAFp9PPjFEduw5 B8BoHofhNx7RkShIvcCh_[/IMG]
Old 28th January 2010, 05:44 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

more pictures: ESS AMT - Windows Live
Old 5th February 2010, 04:13 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

well, i have resorted to the bay:

ESS AMT II Heil Air Transformer Speakers - eBay (item 280460258371 end time Feb-12-10 19:32:04 PST)
Old 5th February 2010, 04:50 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

PM sent

Hide this!Advertise here!