• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ESS AMT II Speakers for sale or trade

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay so here goes:

I have a pair of ESS AMT II Heil Air Transformer speakers for sale. I do not know much about them but they do work and sound good to me (though I do not consider myself an audio enthusiast). They are not in perfect condition, however. Here are some of the issues I noticed with them:

The fabric screens on the covers have small holes in them and should be replaced.
There is not badge on the covers.
The Passive Radiators (i.e. dummy speakers in back) are shot and need to be replaced.
They sound a little scratchy when the crossover is adjusted, it probably just needs a good cleaning.
The glue failed on one of the crossovers so the coil is taped on.
One of the tabs on connectors is broken but it still works.

Other than that, they seem to be in great shape! I am really picky so I tried to list everything I noticed wrong. The tweeters are in stellar condition and the rubber surrounds around the woofers is still intact. The finish on the cabinets is black and is in fairly good shape but not tip top.

Like I said, I do not know a lot about these speakers but I do know that, when restored, they go for about $400 to $500. Mine are not perfect so I absolutely do not expect to get that much. I was thinking closer to $200.

Trades: I am willing to trade these for a decent set of ceiling speakers, surround sound receiver (can be old, I don't care), BluRay Player, PS3, or anything else you might have! I would actually rather trade than get cash. I can add cash to make the trade happen if necessary.

Shipping: I would like to avoid shipping so local pickup in the inland empire area of California is preferred. If that fails, I will ship. As a very last resort, I will part them out but I really don't want to have to deal with that.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Thanks for looking

Okay, I have taken some more photos, here are a couple. There are some more online here: ESS AMT - Windows Live

After getting them out and looking at them some more, I noticed some other stuff. Noting huge, I just don’t want to surprise anyone that comes to look at them.
One of the little mounts that holds the wires to the cabinet has come unglued (see picture).

The cabinets are in worse shape than I remember. They are structurally okay but they need to be refinished as there are a fair amount of scratches in them. I apologize if I made them out to be better than they are.

As always, feel free to contact me for any questions.

Thanks!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.