• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

RTP3 Tube Preamp PCB to sale (PAIR)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi. For sale a pair of RTP3 Tube Preamp (Vacuum State RTP3C tube preamp clone) built from a French Group buy design.
See these threads for the details:

AudiyoFan.org :: Voir le sujet - Preamp Symetrique. Ca avance !

Index of /preamp

I'll include all the project files and detailed parts list with both PCB.
Sold as a pair since each PCB is for one channel only.

This is a very sophisticated tube preamp, fully dual mono, fully balanced with FET current source bias and built-in HV shunt regulator.

I got a pair of the original PCB from a friend, so I can sell my own designed and built by myself PCB (don't worry, I used the original PCB images to make my own, so there is no errors on my version either). This are first quality FR4 PCB, dual layers, solder plated, drilled and ready for assembly, see picture (this is the bare PCB before drilling and plating). They are gorgeous, and anyone that bought one of my PCB before know they are good.

Only drawback is since they are dual layers, and that PCB pin holes are not platted, you need to solder pins on both sides when needed. It is not a big deal and I've done it for years.

Take note that these PCB are impossible to find anymore, you need to make them as I did to have ones...

They will come with most of the resistors already soldered to them (Very good quality MRS25 Vishay resistors) since I started to assemble the PCB before receiving the real ones.

Asking 35U$ each + shipping (my own cost without any of time, each PCB was 26$ each in material + the resistors...)
Accept PayPal. This is your one and only chance to get a pair of these so...
Send me a personal email if interested.

Attachments

• RTP3_PCB_Bare_small.jpg
    RTP3_PCB_Bare_small.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 870
Last edited:
I don't know if I should be very angry, or very proud about finding about about this project here.

Be aware, NO ONE has ever bothered to approach me about this, and while I'm happy to support people making an RTP for themselves, a covert group buy of PCBs is rather othside of this offer, in my opinion.

And if you have read my TubePreaamp CookBook, you'll know the bare circuits are only half the game, to make something that SOUNDS as good as a RTP3D you'll need the whole package, including the rather special powersupply.

Regards, Allen

Sale pending, I already have three interested buyers.

Hi. Allen. Thanks for your concern, but as I said, I made my own replica of this PCB that was done years ago in France. I was not involved in the original GB project, you have to ask these guys, not me. I just made 2 PCB for me, there is no question for a new Group buy, and I sell them at my own cost, not making a dime out of this. In fact if I knew about this gift that was coming my way, I wouldn't had spent all this time and effort making them...

I'm not saying that this preamp will be your exact RTP3 preamp either, just that is a design based on what is already freely available on the web, and what came out this GB at the time. They have their own parts list, that I adapted to North America parts supplier Digikey and Mouser. The FET I bought over the years from different vendors. And I matched them myself, then I fine tune the match into the actual working circuit.

I agree that the power supply design is very important, and again not knowing your own design I cannot comment on the differences.
Bye...

Last edited:
For 100 euro, you and anyone else can have the FULL instrctions CDR that accompanies the RTP3D kits, then you will be build a respectable clone and then able to hear what it can sound like.

Regards, Allen

Allen, I emailed you about this a couple of months ago but never heard back. My email may have bounced. Could you email me via this forum?

Doug

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.