FS: Very nice bass bins w/Altecs - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st January 2010, 12:34 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default FS: Very nice bass bins w/Altecs

For sale: one very nice and great sounding pair of bass bins with original Altec 515-8G drivers for $1,500 obo. Design is 135 hz tractrix front with reflex bass loading in rear via four 6" dia ports. Design is modeled after the highly acclaimed Exemplar design. Dimensions: 28"w x 32 3/4"h x 24 1/2"d. Weight is 150 pounds each cabinet. Construction: 3/4" baltic birch 4 sides and rear with cherry veneer on 4 sides. Finish: tung oil. Response is strong into the 30s. Crossover not included. These are 2 large for me to ship. Pickup only in southeast US. I'll consider meeting seller 1/2 way. I'm rating these 8 out of 10 only because they have a few scratches like most DIY projects. They are built like a tank and will last a lifetime. The drivers are in excellent condition and not for sale separately. I'm selling because I need to downsize. I will sell the cabinets separately though. Email for more pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bassbin #1.JPG (126.8 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg bassbin #4.JPG (156.5 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg bassbin #7.JPG (159.0 KB, 191 views)
Old 7th October 2010, 09:21 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I am moving this back up to the top. I've lowered the price to $1000 including drivers but pickup only in panhandle of Florida. These are identical to the Exemplar bass bins. If they don't sell, I plan to take out the very nice vintage Altec 515-8Gs and sell them separately. These are incredible speakers but I don't have the room to keep.

Regards,
Jim D.

Hide this!Advertise here!