• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Very nice bass bins w/Altecs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For sale: one very nice and great sounding pair of bass bins with original Altec 515-8G drivers for $1,500 obo. Design is 135 hz tractrix front with reflex bass loading in rear via four 6" dia ports. Design is modeled after the highly acclaimed Exemplar design. Dimensions: 28"w x 32 3/4"h x 24 1/2"d. Weight is 150 pounds each cabinet. Construction: 3/4" baltic birch 4 sides and rear with cherry veneer on 4 sides. Finish: tung oil. Response is strong into the 30s. Crossover not included. These are 2 large for me to ship. Pickup only in southeast US. I'll consider meeting seller 1/2 way. I'm rating these 8 out of 10 only because they have a few scratches like most DIY projects. They are built like a tank and will last a lifetime. The drivers are in excellent condition and not for sale separately. I'm selling because I need to downsize. I will sell the cabinets separately though. Email for more pictures.

Attachments

• bassbin #1.JPG
    bassbin #1.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 212
  • bassbin #4.JPG
    bassbin #4.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 207
  • bassbin #7.JPG
    bassbin #7.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 207
I am moving this back up to the top. I've lowered the price to $1000 including drivers but pickup only in panhandle of Florida. These are identical to the Exemplar bass bins. If they don't sell, I plan to take out the very nice vintage Altec 515-8Gs and sell them separately. These are incredible speakers but I don't have the room to keep.

Regards,
Jim D.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.