• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Lookin fer Brimar ECC85 for my FM3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What 9 pin tubes do you use Dave?

I finally figured out that I don't have to set up my new table saw in my garage--I live in AZ and have a covered patio!!

I was thinking it had to go in my garage cause the dam pack rats love to eat plastic insulation and plastic hoses that windshield washer fluid goes thru.

It finally occurred to me that the saw I bought has wheels on it! So, I can just wheel it into my garage when I;m done.

Then, I finally realized that I don't have to set it up outside! Into my dinning room it came, door to the patio is there, and out of the box she came!

I can now stand in front of my table saw, read the manual, and wonder what are they trying to say?

I went into the garage where the cut up sheets of 4X8 plywood are. I wanted to check their width. Seems as if I wound up with two 17.25 inch panels and two 12.25 inch panels instead of the right width for my Sachiko build!

Looks like I need to buy more plywood and that I have a lot of plywood to practise on.

Best from tucson
Bob

Need your mailing info. I'll mail a pair of 6922s to you that are actually RARE and sound very good--Tungsram Yellow Label 6922; very low distortion, have a tendency to accentuate the beat of music, nice HF extension with out highlighting pops and clicks on vinyl, and have a nice romantic flavor.

Got some Russian 6N23Pi kicking around also--gain matched pairs, nice and quiet.

Come to think of it, I've GOT some nice genuine FAKE JAN Amperex 6922. Be the first kid on your block to own a real pair of FAKE Amperex 6922s. Amaze your friends! Show off at audio gatherings!!!

Everyone has heard about them--but you can show them off! :)

best from Tucson
Bob

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Thanx for the poke Bob (was needed)

No Brimar. A Dynaco labeled Mullard. A couple other Mullards.

Lots of other Philips (mostly MiniWatts & Valvos)

About a half dozen Telefunkens.

Some Siemens & Lorentz. A few Japanese.

Let me know which ones you'd be interested and i'll get them tested. 45 total (excluding the ones i got cryoed & am keeping)

dave

Hi Dave
I'm using a Mullard old logo ECC85.

On hand I have 6AQ8 Tungsram with a solid U-shaped riser to support the getter and box plates. Identical looking Mullard.

SH labeled Siemens ECC83 with flat ladder plates with dual supports for the getter. Mullard 6BQ7A with small plates and a single riser for the getter. 6AQ8/ECC85 Mullard International made in Japan.

I'm interested in that I don't already have. Singles, orphans are fine to try since the FM3 only uses one for RF gain.

Many thanks
Bob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.