• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amps for sale!!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have 6 Hill Audio LC1200 Amplifers for sale and I was wondering if anyone knows roughly how much they are worth so I can put them on ebay!

I also have a few other proffesional power amps but I need to get the details from them and test them!

They are from the park nightclub in whitehaven which we are currently stripping out :)

Thanks
Rob

If it’s the UK company products designed by one Malcolm Hill then they were a pro sound manufacturer back in the 80s and 90s; Currently there is a Hill Audio out of Hong Kong but I don’t believe they made the LC1200 which was one of the older UK products (specs by the way, 350 watts per channel into 8 ohms the 1200 is into 2 ohms).
They had a reputation for a colored sound favoring the bass (Rock and Dance pro gear) certainly not as transparent as the ART SLA amps. Used price depends on condition and cosmetics, they used to be between $175 to $300 each but the market has taken a hit with a glut of used gear. I have seen similar pro gear go for as little as $40 at flea markets. Depends how fast you need to move them; if you sell them separately at a $100 start bid with no reserve they would probably go. However if you start at $300 plus for each they might sit around awhile. Hope this helps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.