Fs. Precision FEidelity C7 phono pre (tubed). Uk/euro mains. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th January 2010, 09:05 PM   #1
brianco is offline brianco  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Location: Scottish Borders - Kelso; on the famous Tweed River!
Default Fs. Precision FEidelity C7 phono pre (tubed). Uk/euro mains.

I have a Precision Fidelity C7 pre for sale. This was the best tube preamp designed by the famous Bruce Moore for Precision Fidelity. These are very rare and highly thought of phono preamps (MM NOT MC). They seldom appear for sale and are uncommon anyway; this one is very rare as it is factory made for EUROPEAN electricity.
[ Arthur Salvadori (try google) clearly thinks this item to be superb. He believes it to be the best preamp ever made for the money!!! ] It is, without doubt, an absolute classic which is in very original condition being totally unmodified.

I would like to know that this was going to an experienced DIYer who will bring it up to its fullest potential - I was intending to do this myself, but have a few more pressing DIY needs.

The price is UKŁ 300.00

If interested please send me a PM.
Old 18th February 2010, 05:56 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I have done a lot of research on this pre and find that I have underpriced it considerably! A deal with a guy in the Philippines fell through when he wanted to receive the amp BEFORE paying; and him a single poster on the forum!

IF interested in this rare and very special preamp at UK399.00 PLUS shipping then please send me a PM. Thanks. Here are a few pics!

Last edited by brianco; 18th February 2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old 18th February 2010, 06:11 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Perhaps they will stick this time!

EDIT

Seemingly only one will load, but I can send more by email if you so request. Thanks. THere are more here:
:PRECISION FIDELITY C7..very ORIGINAL!

Now the one which did load has gone!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pf-c7b.jpg (598.2 KB, 161 views)

Last edited by brianco; 18th February 2010 at 06:15 PM. Reason: add on!
Old 18th February 2010, 06:22 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Unhappy Final attempt!!

Here we go!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pf-c7b.jpg (598.2 KB, 153 views)
Old 18th April 2010, 01:50 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Dang! I would love to get my hands on something like that, If I were you I would not sell such a rare preamp.

This has nothing to do with this thread but do you have the schematics for it? I will send you full copies of the C8 schematics if you do. I want to use the phono stage in an all out preamp I am building, I want to compare it to the C8 that I completely rebuilt, I really should not have but it can hugely outperform the original C8 circuit.
Old 18th April 2010, 09:45 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

I would really like to get hold of the schematics. The only one I have is the easily found but supposedly inaccurate one which is on an Asian website. I really do like the overall sound of these pres. (I had the other similar pre years ago - the one with an active line-stage. It was unreliable in that the power supply was continually breaking down and needing rebuilding. It used to be serviced by Bill Beard the UK amp maker. He thought that the PF pres had more headroom than any other tube pre which he knew. The other item of that time was the Paragon pre which was also a Moore design.

If you can let me have a copy of your schematics I will be very pleased indeed.

Many thanks,

Brian
Old 21st December 2010, 11:23 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default PRECISION FIDELITY C-7

Hi
do you still have the PRECISION FIDELITY C-7?
If you have it Iam interested to buy it.
please send me an email prmaik@gmail.com
My best regards
Gerasimos

Hide this!Advertise here!