• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Fs. Precision FEidelity C7 phono pre (tubed). Uk/euro mains.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Precision Fidelity C7 pre for sale. This was the best tube preamp designed by the famous Bruce Moore for Precision Fidelity. These are very rare and highly thought of phono preamps (MM NOT MC). They seldom appear for sale and are uncommon anyway; this one is very rare as it is factory made for EUROPEAN electricity.
[ Arthur Salvadori (try google) clearly thinks this item to be superb. He believes it to be the best preamp ever made for the money!!! ] It is, without doubt, an absolute classic which is in very original condition being totally unmodified.

I would like to know that this was going to an experienced DIYer who will bring it up to its fullest potential - I was intending to do this myself, but have a few more pressing DIY needs.

The price is UK£ 300.00

If interested please send me a PM.

I have done a lot of research on this pre and find that I have underpriced it considerably! A deal with a guy in the Philippines fell through when he wanted to receive the amp BEFORE paying; and him a single poster on the forum!

IF interested in this rare and very special preamp at UK399.00 PLUS shipping then please send me a PM. Thanks. Here are a few pics!

Last edited:

Attachments

• pf-c7b.jpg
    pf-c7b.jpg
    598.2 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Dang! I would love to get my hands on something like that, If I were you I would not sell such a rare preamp. :yummy:

This has nothing to do with this thread but do you have the schematics for it? I will send you full copies of the C8 schematics if you do. I want to use the phono stage in an all out preamp I am building, I want to compare it to the C8 that I completely rebuilt, I really should not have but it can hugely outperform the original C8 circuit.

I would really like to get hold of the schematics. The only one I have is the easily found but supposedly inaccurate one which is on an Asian website. I really do like the overall sound of these pres. (I had the other similar pre years ago - the one with an active line-stage. It was unreliable in that the power supply was continually breaking down and needing rebuilding. It used to be serviced by Bill Beard the UK amp maker. He thought that the PF pres had more headroom than any other tube pre which he knew. The other item of that time was the Paragon pre which was also a Moore design.

If you can let me have a copy of your schematics I will be very pleased indeed.

Many thanks,

Brian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.