Gainclone Parts for sale! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th May 2003, 04:15 AM   #1
elizard is offline elizard  Canada
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to elizard
Default Gainclone Parts for sale!

Hey,

Well, I managed to blow the lm3875's, and I'm out of money and patience to order new ones and replace them. So I'm selling all of the parts needed to make 2 gainclones, short of the LM3875's chips, which if you don't really want to pay you can "sample" from national (although i don't recommend this, i paid for mine so yeah.)

I've paid well over CAD$300 for the parts after shipping, and since they're used (and the LM3875's are burned) I know I can't get all the money back. So I'm asking for $250+shipping.
That's $250 canadian funds, or $180 US funds.

When buying the GC parts I've bought a couple extra parts that I will include in here as well for no extra price.

Included:
10 MUR1520 diodes
9 Panasonic FC 1000uF caps
2 BlackGate 4.7uF N caps
2 Riken 1 watt, 1%, 10k resistors
2 Riken 1/2 watt, 1%, 220k resistors
4 4 position jacks and plugs (8 in total, for the connection between the PS and the GC. I will include the cable I made which is about 2-3' long)
4 RCA chassis mount jacks, 4 RCA non-chassis mount jacks
4 nickel speaker binding posts
4/5/6.5A slow blow fuses
2 panel mount fuse holders
SPST on-off switch
1 AC panel mount jack
2 small (about 2"x2"x1.5") black anodized heatsinks
2 small (about 5.5"x3.5"x2") cases to put the gainclones in
1 400VA 2x22V plitron toroid transformer

I'm pretty sure that's all the parts that I've obtained, if there is any other ones I will include those as well, with no cost of course.

I can ship everything still soldered, or i can desolder everything nicely, straighten all the leads, and ship it that way. The only parts with the leads cut short are 2 1000uF capacitors, but I'm including 9 in total, so there's plenty of those. All the resistors and the blackgate caps still have their full-length leads, as well as the transformer itself.

I will ship to anywhere, but it might be a little heavy on shipping outside of Canada/US

Also I will accept an international money order or paypal (preferred, I will absorb the fee).

email any inquiries to elizard@dungeonfyre.com

Also, at least for now, I am not willing to sell these separate, only as a lot.

Thank You,
Sasa
Old 29th May 2003, 04:16 AM   #2
elizard is offline elizard  Canada
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to elizard
Also, fellow Winnipegers (all of 2 or 3 of you!), I will deliver this to you, so you will save on shipping.

P.S. The shipping weight will be around 12lb, and should typically be no more than about $30 canadian, or maybe $25 US, give it or take $5, although I'd have to double check that.
Old 29th May 2003, 05:45 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
If this will change your mind, I can send you two LM3875 chips. Maybe you should try it again?
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 29th May 2003, 09:34 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hi Elizard,

I don't wat to tell you what to do, but I really urge you to consider
Peter's offer!
20 Years ago, I had the same thing with an preamp, and I thought, to hell with all these electronic thing's I'll sell or give away everything and buy all my audio gears from local audio dealers. Thank god I didn't do that, today I enjoy every single moment of it.
One advise to you my friend, you will learn from your mistakes and afterwards, you'll laugh about it and perhaps cherish these moments forever.

Best regards,

Audiofanatic
Old 29th May 2003, 10:49 AM   #5
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Don't give up Elizard ! Maybe one of those 3 Winnipegers can help you out ? It'll give great satisfaction to finish your amp.

It's better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't done....

Regards,

Jean-Paul\ wishes that Peter makes that offer to me.
Old 29th May 2003, 11:17 AM   #6
moamps is offline moamps  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Gainclone Parts for sale!

Quote:
Originally posted by elizard
Hey,

Well, I managed to blow the lm3875's, and I'm out of money and patience to order new ones and replace them.

Sasa

Bok, Saša

nadam se da si prespavao svoj prvi neuspjeh, te da nećeš odustati. Imaš veliku podršku članova foruma, samo treba malo strpljenja i hladne glave. Svi su uspješni DIY-eri prolazili kroz početne faze neuspjeha i razočaranja (kad bih ja pobrojio sve svoje "abortuse"....), ali nagrada za uloženi trud na kraju je izuzetna. A i čovjek puno nauči usput....

pozdrav
Old 29th May 2003, 11:39 AM   #7
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Couldn't have said it better.
Old 29th May 2003, 11:47 AM   #8
fedde is offline fedde  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to fedde
Default Re: Re: Gainclone Parts for sale!

Quote:
Originally posted by moamps

Bok, Saša

nadam se da si prespavao svoj prvi neuspjeh, te da nećeš odustati. Imaš veliku podršku članova foruma, samo treba malo strpljenja i hladne glave. Svi su uspješni DIY-eri prolazili kroz početne faze neuspjeha i razočaranja (kad bih ja pobrojio sve svoje "abortuse"....), ali nagrada za uloženi trud na kraju je izuzetna. A i čovjek puno nauči usput....

pozdrav
That's exactly what I wanted to say !!! Sort of.

And Elizard: try to build the original Thorsten design. If you follow my advice on the website and do some checks not much can go wrong!

And it's a nice offer from you Peter !

Fedde
Old 29th May 2003, 12:36 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jean-paul
Couldn't have said it better.

I seccond that!

Audiofanatic
Old 29th May 2003, 01:01 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Take Peter up on his offer and give it another try.
get the power supply working separately first.

You long term satisfaction will be much higher even tho it don't feel like it right now.
Everybody blows stuff up and one day you will give this speech to somebody else.

If money becomes an issue better to sell it working!

Hide this!Advertise here!