Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd December 2009, 08:53 PM   #1
expert in tautology
diyAudio Member

Default FS: Tube Amp Chassis - finished, punched ready to build

I have privately acquired a number of very very nice tube amp chassis, more than I need for my own DIY purposes.

So I am selling some. There are not that many, but enough for a few folks to benefit as I have.

Here's a link to the info on them: Limited Availability Chassis

My price on the basic chassis with bottom plate and side rails + cherry sides and the cherry top plate is $200+ shipping + 3% paypal. (I'll consider other payment options - email me please)

I'll bundle it with 8 of the metal headed color coded binding posts (for 0-4-8-16 ohms), a pair of 50/50 ufd 500vdc caps, the IEC input/switch module, and a set of 8 photoflash caps (300ufd/300v) for $250 + shipping + 3% paypal graft and corruption fee.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CHASSIS--Wood.jpg (247.5 KB, 485 views)

Last edited by bear; 23rd December 2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old 24th December 2009, 03:49 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Looks like a nice chassis you have there. Just a note, pretty sure it's against not only PayPal's policy, but also this forum's policy to charge the 3% fee on top of orders. Thought you should know.
Old 24th December 2009, 04:38 PM   #3
expert in tautology
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellowTone View Post
Looks like a nice chassis you have there. Just a note, pretty sure it's against not only PayPal's policy, but also this forum's policy to charge the 3% fee on top of orders. Thought you should know.

If it is the policy of the forum not to permit the addition of the 3%, then I won't. If someone can point me to that policy, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for the heads up.

_-_-
Old 24th December 2009, 05:02 PM   #4
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
but also this forum's policy to charge the 3% fee on top of orders. Thought you should know.
This forum has NO such policy.

Paypal charges 3% on payments done with credit cards (the receiver only is charged). Maybe it is against their policy to charge that 3% to your customer. Just call it a handling charge and there is nothing paypal can do about it.
Old 25th December 2009, 12:17 AM   #5
pchw is offline pchw  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear View Post
If it is the policy of the forum not to permit the addition of the 3%, then I won't. If someone can point me to that policy, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for the heads up.

_-_-
As far as I know, it is eBay disallowing such 3% add on, not here. In fact, it is rather common in GB here.

BTW, nice chassis.
Old 25th December 2009, 11:18 AM   #6
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

In the Netherlands it is actually 3,4% + 35 eurocents.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&...cale.x=en_US#4. Receiving Money.

From the PayPal User Agreement:
4.5 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.
Old 25th December 2009, 01:21 PM   #7
expert in tautology
diyAudio Member

Well, anyway...

FYI, the binding posts are USA manufacture, gold plated.

I have more of them available for sale separately, if anyone is interested.

4 colors + black; red, yellow, green, blue...

I will take offers on the remaining stock of chassis, about half are sold via other locales...

_-_-bear
Old 28th December 2009, 02:44 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bas Horneman View Post
This forum has NO such policy.

Paypal charges 3% on payments done with credit cards (the receiver only is charged). Maybe it is against their policy to charge that 3% to your customer. Just call it a handling charge and there is nothing paypal can do about it.
Sorry, my bad. Obviously I misread that somewhere. I must go read the forum rules again.

PS Just had a look around, and I think I know the forum which I read that on. Apologies for misleading anyone.
Old 29th December 2009, 06:54 PM   #9
expert in tautology
diyAudio Member

Still a few chassis left!!

Also have a LARGE QUANTITY of 300ufd/300v Photoflash caps.
These are fast discharge, for use after a first stage of capacitance to reduce ripple.

Inquire please.
Old 3rd January 2010, 02:17 AM   #10
expert in tautology
diyAudio Member

Where are the tube builders??

Hide this!Advertise here!