• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

need elna silmic 50v 3300uf and krell caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
BHC - AudioCap Limited
#BHC slit foil caps# are identical to DNM slitfoil (see DNM site) In my opinion - they are superb capacitors - as inductance/resistance and ripple effects are practically non exisistant with this design. There is absolutely no need to use parallel decoupling caps with them and they are used by many high end manufacturers, and are half the price. Prices are on Audio-cap and other capacitance values are available! Elna silmic are difficult to obtain.

BHC - AudioCap Limited
#BHC slit foil caps# are identical to DNM slitfoil (see DNM site) In my opinion - they are superb capacitors - as inductance/resistance and ripple effects are practically non exisistant with this design. There is absolutely no need to use parallel decoupling caps with them and they are used by many high end manufacturers, and are half the price. Prices are on Audio-cap and other capacitance values are available! Elna silmic are difficult to obtain.

They do have online ordering!!!

#BHC slit foil caps# are identical to DNM slitfoil (see DNM site) In my opinion - they are superb capacitors - as inductance/resistance and ripple effects are practically non exisistant with this design. There is absolutely no need to use parallel decoupling caps with them and they are used by many high end manufacturers, and are half the price. Prices are on Audio-cap and other capacitance values are available! Elna silmic are difficult to obtain. I have used Elna Cerafine also which sound great -- I have also used BHC and DNM slit foil -- I can not find anything better than these last two and there is no difference in the sound characteristic between these last two.

I would go for BHC from Audiocap as they are cheaper and will be as good as your Silmics in my opinion.
Silmics are no longer obtainable in small quantities!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.