• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Dynavector XX-1 High Output Moving Coil Cartridge

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dynavector XX-1 High Output Moving Coil Cartridge
Asking: was $600 now $550.00OBO (shipping to lower 48 included, Pay Pal add 3%)

No. 22662
Output Level: 2.0mV
Weight: 12g
Compliance: 10
Stylus: .14 x.08mm Line Contact
Cantilever: Boron
Selectable Flux Damper switch (on front of cartridge)

This is probably the best high output moving coil cartridge that you will be able to find. The DV XX-1 is the precursor to the XX-2 catridge, which is only made in a low output version currently, and costs $1800. You will rarely if ever see a high output moving coil of this quality and at this price. High output means you don't need a step up device - it will work perfectly into your moving magnet phono stage at 47K loading.

This cartridge was the first Dynavector to incorporate the magnetic flux damper technology which is now standard on most all Dynavector cartridges. The switch on the front of the cartridge allows you to turn this off and on so you can hear the difference with and without it. Most reviews (and I) agree that it should remain on all the time, and obviously Dynavector agrees as well since they made it standard throughout their line.

If you're looking at the 20X-H cartridge, which is arguably one of the best high output moving coils made today, then you need to look closer at this rare gem. I have compared it directly against the 20X-H. It has all of the 20X-H's qualities, but also brings a whole 'nother level of texture and richness that is only found in cartridges higer up in the Dynavector line, like this one is.

Line contact stylus, Boron cantilever - these are all traits that you will never find on cartridges at a comparable price point. I am asking $550.00, insured shipping to the lower 48 states included, PayPal add 3%. I've rated it as 8/10 only because of its age (@10 years old). This cartridge was sitting in a drawer for most of its life as a backup. It probably only has about 200 hours of real play on it. The cantilever is in perfect condition as you can see from the photos.

I'm selling because it's a shame to have this beautiful cartridge sitting in a drawer unused. It should be enjoyed by someone who appreciates quality at this level.

Thanks for looking; please e-mail if interested
Bob
(ptmconsulting@verizon.net)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.