• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

(50) 12" custom Eminence woofers for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here in Ontario we are required to pay federal and provincial sales tax which adds up to 13 percent. In addition, there's a $5 handling charge. For some reason you have to pay sales tax no matter what - it doesn't matter if the sender marks it "gift" or "audition" (or whatever they call it). You can try to fight the charges but it's like talking to a brick wall.

By the time we receive a package from the US, after all the fees (including exchange rate, shipping, customs charges) it's not at all uncommon to pay 2x the list price in Cdn $. The first US package I bought and received was last year, a 15 inch driver from partsexpress. It was on sale for $75 US. By the time I got it in my hands I paid $150 Cdn.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2007
They're getting you for taxes and stuff? I'm not that hip to this international shipping thing.

Scheduled to arrive on Monday, I'll reveal the damage then...:)

In addition, there's a $5 handling charge.

That $5 is for regular mail. UPS is another beast altogether with a sliding scale "brokerage fee" for the value of the goods. HERE are the rates.

how many left?

what cost to get 4 to the UK?

About 30 left. If I shipped using USPS, shipping cost alone appears to be USD $301.86 for four. If I used UPS, shipping cost alone appears to be $405.63 both are excluding any duty or tariffs you'll have to pay on your end. By FedEx $405.63... Interestingly the same cost as UPS, hmmmm.

Pretty awful, heh?

Assuming SELKIRKSHIRE, TD7 4JX, UNITED KINGDOM

UPS has a 25KG box method I want to look into, but I don't know the dimensions. Each driver is 7.25KG.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Scheduled to arrive on Monday, I'll reveal the damage then...:)

Any courier is a thief with those! :mad:

They arrived in fine condition. It was $60.00 COD - $20 for tax, $40 for UPS brokerage "tip". So, all in, that's about $78.00 per driver - still a great deal.
:)

Onward...

I did some measurements. All 4 out of the box measured fairly close to the specs supplied by Eminence. After running a break in (18hz @5 watts) all night on one of the drivers, I get the following results:

118.PNG

I used added mass (47 grams) VAS calculations and I also used sealed box VAS calculations for consistency.
Free air resonance:

117.PNG

I anticipate all of the drivers will have similar specs when broken in, I just tested another after 2 hours of break in and it's close to the above.

Last edited:
About 30 left. If I shipped using USPS, shipping cost alone appears to be USD $301.86 for four. If I used UPS, shipping cost alone appears to be $405.63 both are excluding any duty or tariffs you'll have to pay on your end. By FedEx $405.63... Interestingly the same cost as UPS, hmmmm.

Pretty awful, heh?

Assuming SELKIRKSHIRE, TD7 4JX, UNITED KINGDOM

UPS has a 25KG box method I want to look into, but I don't know the dimensions. Each driver is 7.25KG.

Pretty much eliminates any cost savings of buying it. Shame, they seem nice. A lot like a JBL 2235h from an application perspective.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.