• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Large lot of matched Toshiba 2SJ201 2SK1530 MOSFETs (lots of info)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I ended up buying a large number of Toshiba 2SJ201 2SK1530 to get some close matches for a project I am working on. Kudos to Patrick (EUVL) on turning me onto these. These are definitely the most complimentary MOSFETs I've tested and would highly recommend them for the Nelson Pass projects. The result is jaw dropping in my opinion.

Clearly, this required a large cash outlay on my part, as these aren't cheap devices. My matching pool was 72 n-ch and 72 p-ch. What I'd like to do is sell these and acquire more and try and keep these in steady supply to the DIY community.

I tried to carefully document my matching process. It has produced very close matches that prove themselves outside of the test rig. I found that good test equipment and carefully controlling the temperature to be the key.

I matched these at 2.000A at 16V rails at 60C. I used a block of aluminum and a temperature probe to keep the matching rig at the same temperature throughout the tests. I used a Fluke 287 50000 count meter to measure Vgs to 100nV (0.0001V) via the data acquisition mode the meter offers. I also used another meter to monitor the current within 1mA. I used a battery to bias the device. No passive components were in the matching circuit.

As a result, I have a number of devices that are matched complimentary pairs, as well as a number of matched devices all the way up to quintets.

Here are a few pics:

For%20Sale%20014.jpg

For%20Sale%20012.jpg

For%20Sale%20013.jpg

Here's a snapshot of the Vgs while I was warming up the test jig:

2SJ201-warmup.jpg

I was varying the 9V supply in order to keep a constant 2.000A current, hence the changes

Here's a snapshot of a 2J201 during test:

2SJ201.jpg

After initial adjustment, I probably undercompensated a bit and after the test time of 3 minutes the device was right at 2.000A, so I took the ending Vgs number and moved to the next.

Here's a snapshot of a 2SK1530 during test:

2SK1530.jpg

Looks like I had to compensate a bit towards the 2 minute mark and it was flat after that (i cannot compress the x-axis on the meter).

Anyways, I'd like to start the pricing at $17.50 USD a pair (one 2SJ201 and one 2SK1530) and that includes PayPal fees and worldwide first-class shipping. If you want anything exotic (please specify preferences, i.e. comp pair, matched 2,3,4,5 etc.) it might be more, depending on how rare the condition you are interested in happens to be. I'll provide the test data for the devices that match what you are looking at, and we can go from there.

Thanks everyone, I'm hoping to get the word out on these!
-Marc

Good offer, but perhaps you should mention how good the matches are (10mV?)

yes, good question. I was assuming people would ask me directly about that. Here's a matched quartet of J201:

Code:
17	57	2.0010	59	2.2874
7	57	2.0010	60	2.2873
3	57	2.0060	59	2.2812
22	57	2.0010	59	2.2812

The columns are (device_num, starting_temp, ending current, ending temp, ending Vgs)

Here's a quartet of matched K1530 as well.

Code:
32	58	2.002	61	2.3909
35	59	2.000	61	2.3923
26	57	2.001	60	2.3959
3	58	2.000	62	2.3984

Still getting things in a spreadsheet and what not, but I can do at the very least 10mV difference, and in most cases better.

Last edited:
okay, I have the following left (prices include PayPal fees and worldwide first-class shipping)

two untested K1530 $5 takes the pair
one matched J201 pair (2mV spread, very tight matching) $10 takes the pair

(1) F5 set $40 (4 devices)
(2) F5X (within 7mV across the quads) sets $80 a set (8 devices)

prices raised to help compensate for the waste in the matching process, and supply/demand. I'll split the quads if/when the pairs sell.

F5 set

Hi Luvdunhill,
Could I purchase the (1) F5 set of 4 ($40) - these will set up the new F5 project perfectly and hopefully the new version pcbs will be available in a few weeks too.

Could you direct me to your Paypal address and I'll get the money over to you straight away.

... James Hill (jameshillj@optsnet.com.au)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.