• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: ICEPower 200ASC Monobloc Pair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am selling my pair of recently finished DIY ICEPower 200ASC monoblocs.

First, let me explain that these were built by me, for me. My intention was not to build them and then sell them. I really do not want to part with these amplifiers, but unfortunately I have to for financial reasons.

The 200ASC boards have had a couple changes. I removed the stock MC33078/9 op-amps and replaced them with LME49720/40. I also replaced the stock 560uF DC supply cap with a 820uF Panasonic FC. The AUX DC output connector was removed and another 820uF cap was put in it's place.

Now, the enclosures are not top of the line "Hi-Fi" quality, but they get the job done and don't look too bad (to me at least). I was pretty much forced to paint the end panels; they were very poorly made and the anodized finish was the worst I have ever seen. The body of the enclosure is a different story though, the anodized finish is reasonably good. There are some very simple rubber pads (feet) placed over screw heads that hold the PCB.

There are both balanced and single ended inputs on the back. There is a switch to choose the input type. It is not an input selector switch though, only one input type at a time can be used. The switch simply shorts the -V input to GND for single ended mode.

These were a DIY project, built by a DIY'er. I expect any potential buyer to accept that fact and not nitpick over the small "this looks like it was built on a kitchen table" imperfections.

The price is $300 + postage. US buyer preferred.

These are bing sold as a DIY prototype project. Buyer assumes all responsibility in regards to the safe use and operation of these devices.

NO RETURNS, NO REFUNDS, NO WARRANTY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. SOLD AS IS.

Here is a video of me turning them on and off to prove they both work......

Video - Power on/off

dgkqcw.jpg

2ut26ic.jpg

10nfcs4.jpg

eq3vqa.jpg

5khq9l.jpg

Last edited:
~BUMP~

For anyone who isn't aware, the ICEPower boards in these completed monoblocs are the same boards used in the Bel Canto M300 monoblocs. The M300's retailed for roughly $2000 a pair!!!!

So although these are not as pretty, they will perform just as well as the $2k originals (maybe even better, considering the LME op-amp swap).

Get your "poor-mans M300's" while you still can!!!

6moons audio reviews: Wharfedale OpusII-3
belcanto_m300

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.