• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aladdin’s Cave clear out sale!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What photo

Hi Alan,

What photo are you refering too?
I have sent a lot of pics out on PM so I have lost track a bit...!

The all acrylic cases have no buttons badges or windows at all, the remote sensor is internal and there are no external buttons.
I did have a machined alloy " Overkill Audio" badge on the front of the black acrylic DAC casework. In fact I still have one of those cases with the badge, it also has a 4 channel Bencmark DAC board inside...!

Cheers

Derek.

Files too big...

Sorry Douglas, the files are too big, send me your off line email.

Cheers

Derek.

Attachments

• DSCF4700.jpg
    DSCF4700.jpg
    522.5 KB · Views: 344
  • DSCF4702.jpg
    DSCF4702.jpg
    718.3 KB · Views: 324
Extra dampening

Hi Douglas,

You can’t really see it on these pics but there is a lot of extra bitumen / lead dampening on the transport mechanism, chassis and lid.
Also the plastic disk drawer is heavily treated with special anti vibration compound, the extra Cardas post on the centre of the drawer is to pull open the drawer to "break the seal" when you press eject. This whole effort pays huge sonic dividends, this unit has outperformed some silly money big brand names, much to the bitter disappointment of the guys who spent the "nice Audi money" on the big brand stuff...!
Anyway you will see / hear for yourself in a few days. Hope the weather holds for the journey!

Cheers

Derek.

Alloy and acrylic casework

Hi Guys,

Re the casework, I still have 1 small alloy case one large alloy case and 2 acrylic cases.
have attached some photographs showing some of the alloy casework.
You can see most of the alloy casework in the attached shots. The large and small alloy cases with the black acrylic windows are the ones. They are on the right hand rack below the CD player.
The 2 alloy units on the right had rack ( not the 3 power amps) are the same as the empty cases I have.
You can use the casework for anything from power amps to DAC’s.
There are no attached feet but you can use Stillpoints, rubber ,Sorbothane or some of the stainless steel legs I am selling separately.
I am only asking for £200 for the smaller case and £300 for the bigger case. They cost me £2,000 as I had to pay a one off CAD design fee of £1,000 and then the two cases were £1,000 for the pair.
They are pretty amazing, really Jeff Rolland stuff when you see them close up.

For UK buyers we can meet half way between our homes, I stay near Cambridge.
All the acrylic cases are bubble wrapped and stored up the loft so getting them down to take pics is more work than just driving to show you them...!
They are all stunning in the flesh, my photography won’t do them justice.

Cheers

Derek.

Attachments

• IMG_6831.jpg
    IMG_6831.jpg
    651.2 KB · Views: 284
  • Finale Norway 2008.jpg
    Finale Norway 2008.jpg
    464.8 KB · Views: 288
Hi Guys,

Re the casework, I still have 1 small alloy case one large alloy case and 2 acrylic cases.
have attached some photographs showing some of the alloy casework.
You can see most of the alloy casework in the attached shots. The large and small alloy cases with the black acrylic windows are the ones. They are on the right hand rack below the CD player.
The 2 alloy units on the right had rack ( not the 3 power amps) are the same as the empty cases I have.
You can use the casework for anything from power amps to DAC’s.
There are no attached feet but you can use Stillpoints, rubber ,Sorbothane or some of the stainless steel legs I am selling separately.
I am only asking for £200 for the smaller case and £300 for the bigger case. They cost me £2,000 as I had to pay a one off CAD design fee of £1,000 and then the two cases were £1,000 for the pair.
They are pretty amazing, really Jeff Rolland stuff when you see them close up.

For UK buyers we can meet half way between our homes, I stay near Cambridge.
All the acrylic cases are bubble wrapped and stored up the loft so getting them down to take pics is more work than just driving to show you them...!
They are all stunning in the flesh, my photography won’t do them justice.

Cheers

Derek.

Derek,

Do you still have the cases, and if so what are the dimensions?

Thanks

Alan

Items left

Hi Peter,

Sorry I just noticed you had asked for an update on the for sale list.

Mostly the big heavy stuff is still available as the shipping is more than the price I am asking...!

Items still available are :

The Prey stands - ( 35Kg each approx )
The Tympany LAT drivers
A 4 channel Benchmark DAC mounted in a box with good connectors but needs a power supply)
A stereo Benchmark A to D board. Mint, never used!
1 pair of acrylic Angel bass / mid cabinets with 4 Seas 8 ' Excel drivers.
The Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk 2, Cherry wood, very nice!

Thats about it, for now.

Cheers

Derek.

Cases..

Hi Alan,

OOpps, I forgot about the cases!
They are 20' wide, 19' deep, 5' tall, external dimensions, all walls 10mm thick black acrylic. CNC machined stainless steel back plate with just about every connection you can think of, including USB!
Each case ( two available ) weighs approx 12Kg.

Would be better collected as shipping would be expensive and risky.
Plus you can get a sneak peak of my new OB manger based speakers when you collect....!

Cheers

Derek.

Hi Alan,

OOpps, I forgot about the cases!
They are 20' wide, 19' deep, 5' tall, external dimensions, all walls 10mm thick black acrylic. CNC machined stainless steel back plate with just about every connection you can think of, including USB!
Each case ( two available ) weighs approx 12Kg.

Would be better collected as shipping would be expensive and risky.
Plus you can get a sneak peak of my new OB manger based speakers when you collect....!

Cheers

Derek.
Derek,

Height and width OK - but 19inches deep is a bit too much for me.

Regards

Alan

I am trying to contact Derek Wilson - Overkill Audio. I have aquired a pair of overkill speakers on the recommendation of George from oaklodge consulting in Cambridge - 3 of the the knurled bolts that hold the speaker wires to the crossovers and speakers themselves are missing and try as I can I cannot match the threads - do you have any spare ones - I am new to this site and it may be better to contact me via my email -
socinus@gmail.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.