• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS SE KT88 parts / 717A preamp project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone. Here is a project I was tinkering with a while ago that probably just simply needs a little gounding. It actually gives perfect voltages for the michael Abdella schematic, but I do not have time for it right now. I really think much of the hum is the bottom mounted toroid, but that is just a guess. These are the Edcor GXSEs with the better freq range and an Antek power tranny along with all quality parts. The plate is .125" aluminum and very sturdy. I'll include the 6550s in the picture and the NOS 12AU7 by GE. I have seriously only powered this up maybe five through ten times to see if I got rid of the hum. I moved on and closeted this one.

$150 shipped.

Yes, I know I could get the hum out and sell it for much more, but I'm trying to clean my living room as I have said in the past.

If anyone is interested in this little preamp I have been working on recently, I'll let it go for $125 shipped. It sounds great, but I have no testament to the hum as I have only listened to it through my receiver.

Let me know if you want to see guts.

These prices are shipped in the US minus Alaska and Hawaii.

Thank you,

Attachments

• Picture 458.jpg
    Picture 458.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 150
  • Picture 459.jpg
    Picture 459.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Picture 456.jpg
    Picture 456.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 138
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.