• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Rare Opportunity: Reference 3A MM da Capo drivers and single system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is a very rare chance to obtain the famous Daniel Dehay "crossoverless" woven carbon fibre 8" woofers used in the Reference 3A MM da Capo.
The story:
I had sold a pair in mint condition and one speaker had the cabinet damaged in shipping. This pair had the updated Seas 27TFF tweeters. I have the one good speaker available in perfect condition for $500. Good for a high quality center channel!
Likely of even more interest to the DIY crowd are the parts.
I have the woofer and tweeter from the damaged cabinet. There is no damage to the drivers and they work perfectly. I also have one more woofer which was puchased as a spare, just in case. It has never been used.
Both woofers have the attached epoxy damping puck. On one woofer it's screwed on, the other is held on by two loops of metal wire, possibly from different batches or a running change. Otherwise they are identical.
So, if you've ever wanted to play around with these highly regarded woofers, here is your chance!
Because these are so hard to come by on their own, I am asking $300 each for the woofers or $500 for the pair, plus shipping from Toronto, Canada.
The single Seas 27TFF from the damaged cabinet is $40.
I have more pictures available which I can send on request.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 3A_Drivers.jpg
    3A_Drivers.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 342
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.