• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Sherwood AV reciever for sale.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I have recently given up on the idea of ever being able to afford another three speakers and a sub (never mind finding somewhere to put them all) whilst I am a studnet. And as money is a little short at the moment, I was going to try and sell my Sherwood Newcastle R-295RDS.

I will be putting this up on ebay at the end of the week once I have some good photos taken (and borrowed the camera to take them with), but I thought that I would offer it up here before I did that in case any of you lot were interested in picking up a cheep dolby digital pre-amp / DAC / RDS Tuner / 5 X 100WPC amplifier.

The unit itself has lots of inputs for audio and video scources (I think I mangaed to could 13 if you include the digital ones), of which there are two coaxial and one optical digital inputs. The unit can decode either PCM or Dolby Digital bitstreams, and has pre-outs for all six chanels, so it would be possible to conect it up to seperate power amps (five gainclones perhaps?), to get better sounds out of it (although it does supprisingly sound quite good already). Also, on the unit is a RDS radio tuner which can store 40 FM/AM stations, which could get quite good reception when I used it (and that was only with a 1 metre piece of wire I had lying around stuck into the areal socket on the back).

Anyway, I was looking to get a little over £100 (GBP) for it on ebay, but if someone were to make a sensible offer, I would probably consider, as long as you realise that this thing is quite heavy (nearly 40lbs) so postage will not be too cheep.

Bigparsnip

PS, if you want some other peoples oppinions on this have a look here, if you read through a few you might find some rather supprising ones (well, I was a bit suppries anyway).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.