• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS:TDA1541 OS DAC KITs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Fully assembled DAC kit based on TDA1541, atractive listening,low cost:D

32KHz/44.1KHz/48KHz input sample rate supported
COAXIAL and OPTICAL input supported
Fully assembled and tested
Fully audio grade components
Easy to build, high performance
Low cost
Dimensions: 89mm*157mm*30mm
*TDA1541, TDA1315, SAA7220 and NE5532N are used ICs

USER MANUAL is ready,just drop me an email :) bbp6604560 at hotmial.com
The kits will be available in 18th,Oct
Price : 70 USD , paypal fee and international airmail registered included :D

thank you alllllllllll :)

RMAA test result with E-MU 0404
Frequency response (from 40 Hz to 15 kHz), dB +0.02, -0.06 Excellent
Noise level, dB (A) -99.8 Excellent
Dynamic range, dB (A) 100.4 Excellent
THD, % 0.0022 Excellent
THD + Noise, dB (A) -89.8 Good
IMD + Noise, % 0.0047 Excellent
Stereo crosstalk, dB -99.1 Excellent
IMD at 10 kHz, % 0.0054 Excellent
General performance Very good

Attachments

• TDA1541.jpg
    TDA1541.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,745
  • PSU.jpg
    PSU.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,648
  • TDA1541-1.jpg
    TDA1541-1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1,580
  • USER MANUAL FOR TDA1541 OS DAC.pdf.zip
    498.8 KB · Views: 319
hi, can you confirm if this is suited to receive the optical toslink audio output of my HD television and output the audio signal via a stereo pair of RCA's to a pair of RCA inputs of my preamplifier?

8 to go :)

HI mp9, the dac will be compatiable for the optical toslink and coaxial digital signal, you may check the digital format of your HD television,if the sample rate is 32/44.1/48 KHz

You may need an additional transformer to finish the PSU part,
a 15VA~20VA transformer with AC 15V*2 and 7V*1 :)

Can I feed it with I2S (eg from a USB module)?

Fran

Hi woodturner, I test the DAC with my PCM2707 USB DAC module, it works fine.
But with USB module,the performance is not so good comparing to COAXIAL input

the configuration :
PCM2707 -- SAA7220
LRCK ----- PIN 1 WSAB
BCK ------ PIN 2 CLAB
DATA -- PIN 3 DAAB
WCK(system) - PIN 11 XIN

This is the RMAA TEST for PCM2707-I2S-TDA1541 OS DAC KIT
Frequency response (from 40 Hz to 15 kHz), dB +0.08, -0.27 Very good
Noise level, dB (A) -95.9 Excellent
Dynamic range, dB (A) 94.6 Very good
THD, % 0.0024 Excellent
THD + Noise, dB (A) -86.5 Good
IMD + Noise, % 0.0063 Excellent
Stereo crosstalk, dB -95.9 Excellent
IMD at 10 kHz, % 0.0082 Very good
General performance Very good

Last edited:
i can't understand why are you stating in your manual that coaxial works better than optical... poor jitter correction/rejection or poor/no reclocking at inputs?
can you repeat measures with optical input instead of coaxial? thanks in advance..
optical is my only need.. :(

Last edited:
i can't understand why are you stating in your manual that coaxial works better than optical... poor jitter correction/rejection or poor/no reclocking at inputs?
can you repeat measures with optical input instead of coaxial? thanks in advance..

in theory,COAXIAL is better than the OPTICAL, for the reason that OPTICAL must using electrical to light and light to electrical conversion, there must be signal losses in such a conversion, right? :)

HI madqwerty, I bougt a new toslink and finish the testment for COAXIAL and TOSLINK :)

It seems that there's no difference comparing the two method :confused:
maybe the difference can not be measure
maybe my test equipment can not measure such a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle difference in my system >_<

please refer to the result

Testing chain: External loopback (DIGI-out - line-in)
Sampling mode: 24-bit, 44 kHz

Test COAXIAL/24BIT ,, 16 BIT ,, TOSLINK/24BIT ,, 16BIT

Frequency response dB: +0.02, -0.13 +0.02, -0.13 +0.02, -0.13 +0.02, -0.13
Noise level, dB (A): -101.3 -101.1 -101.0 -101.1
Dynamic range, dB (A): 98.8 98.3 98.3 98.3
THD, %: 0.0022 0.0022 0.0021 0.0022
IMD + Noise, %: 0.0048 0.0047 0.0047 0.0047
Stereo crosstalk, dB: -99.4 -98.9 -98.5 -99.5

Last edited:
8 to go :)

HI mp9, the dac will be compatiable for the optical toslink and coaxial digital signal, you may check the digital format of your HD television,if the sample rate is 32/44.1/48 KHz

You may need an additional transformer to finish the PSU part,
a 15VA~20VA transformer with AC 15V*2 and 7V*1 :)

LG couldn't tell me the sample rate of my LH90 series HD TV. They said it needs to be determined by a external device what ever that's supposed to mean. Is there a standard sample rate used/current model HD TV's?

Another thought, you're asking me questions i can't answer but i'm sure this set's toslink optical audio out's sample rate is compatible with optical input's of most home audio surround sound receivers. So would your products 32/44.1/48 Khz be compatible with home audio surround sound receivers and if so, i'd think it should also interface with the HDTV, correct?

Last edited:
LG couldn't tell me the sample rate of my LH90 series HD TV. They said it needs to be determined by a external device what ever that's supposed to mean. Is there a standard sample rate used/current model HD TV's?

Another thought, you're asking me questions i can't answer but i'm sure this set's toslink optical audio out's sample rate is compatible with optical input's of most home audio surround sound receivers. So would your products 32/44.1/48 Khz be compatible with home audio surround sound receivers and if so, i'd think it should also interface with the HDTV, correct?

Hi mp9,

If your TV provides PCM output, it is capatible with this dac. Most of the time, the digital audio output of the HDTV are two type of format: PCM and BITSTREAM. The phycial interface are coaxial and optical.

regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.