• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Exceptional Cone Tweeters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people are fans of cone tweeters, others aren't. I have two pair of truly exceptional Japanese-made cone tweeters here for someone who is looking for such a product to incorporate into their project. I have seen a lot of cone tweeters before and these are the most unique to date, with remarkable build quality. Contact me for details.

Hi Cal, I'll admit the ad is a bit of a teaser but they won't break anyones piggy-bank. It's really intended for someone who specifically & seriously wants to buy a high performance cone tweeter. This is not a "general" advertisement as it were (thus the lack of pictures, explanation). For any prospects, PM's are invited...

Last edited:
Are they as good as the Davis TW26K2F or the Focal T70 ? I have not heard another cone tweeter that gets anywhere near the old Davis. The Focal is nice but nowhere as smooth as the Davis.

Hello Ex, I couldn't say how what I'm offering compares to either tweeter you'd mentioned. The only way to do an accurate comparison is have all tweeters measured on the same equipment at the same time and by objective listening tests by several individuals simultaneously A/B'ed (something which I haven't done).
I can say the Davis tweeter was selling for around US$180 per, and mine aren't anything near that.

Hi Henry, would it be alright if we kept our business limited to PM's? I'll email you some photos when I find them on the other hard drive / or take some additional ones.

Nelsondog; I do remember you and also our last communication (april 2010). Based upon you wanting to mate these to a 15" woofer in a two-way, I told you I thought I'd save you the trouble and expense & recommended against going with these tweeters for that project purpose. In other words, I did you a favour in not selling them to you. I remembered your callous response and made a personal note that based upon same we have an incompatibility.

Don't hijack this thread.

It all seems so suss the way this is evolving a bit like smoke & mirrors, I am interested in cone tweeters as I already have some & they play some sweet music & work well in my dipole speakers. but the bottom line is if you are not going to take photo's of them & list a price there,s no chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.