• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Conrad MF35-151.5 milled/drilled/tapped heatsinks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Chris - I don't know if your ignoring my emails or aren't getting them so I will
try here. You said I could come by and pick up the heatsinks just give you a
time. I emailed you on the 12th and again on the 22nd with no reply. Maybe
your just busy, but could you at least let me know what's going on.

I have read through the thread and haven't found an answer to the question about the height of the heat sink. Guestimating from the end view it is about 4.3 inches, but I wouldn't want to get into it without more information. In Nelson Pass' 5/08 AudioXpress article he mentions needing 2 heatsinks per channel, measuring 8 X 6 inches on the base with 2 inch fins. That is a lot more square inch area than the 13.7 X 4.3 (est) base of these heatsinks which have 40 mm (1.6 inch) fins. Unless I am misinterpreting something. Any ideas?

Chris, I informed you yesterday in a personal message that if I saw account activity and no response to my post or email I would file paypal dispute. Your account showed activity an hour ago. This is my paypal documentation of your intent to commit fraud.

Heatsinks are boxed and have either shipped yesterday or today. Let me organize my UPS receipts and I'll send tracking numbers to all of you. Thanks for your patience,

Chris

This was posted on 10/22.

Simple question which no one seems willing to answer. Has anyone aside from Fritz, who drove to Chris's house, received the heatsinks yet? Those of you who knew of Chris's reputation and who aren't surprised don't need to chime in, but is his above-quoted statement a lie, or is it not? If you've gotten them, just please speak up and let us know. Otherwise, it will continue to appear as though he collected thousands of bucks and is just sitting on it. - Pat

Last edited:
Cris, I'll hope you'll respond. Otherwise, I'll need to escalate this pretty soon and I hate to see a little misunderstanding turn in to a big one.

Sincerely,

Mike

Mike -

I don't know where Chris lives, but in Wisconsin we would call this type of misunderstanding a felony, considering the dollar amount of the fraud.

My take on this is that it's one thing to do a group buy, collect money, and place an order that of necessity takes a while to fill. In this case, this was a swap meet ad that stated that the items were on hand, ready to ship, and Chris used PayPal to solicit payment. Whatever his problem is, he compounded it by claiming on October 22 that he had sent the sinks, and he clearly hasn't. That is likely enough to establish the crime of theft by misrepresentation.

I'm sure that hope springs eternal in some, and that the promise of a simple, good chassis for little money continues to cause folks to be quiet and hope for the best, but I'd just say best of luck at this point. - Pat

Man, am I glad I decided to stay away from this buy after what happened in his previous one. Apparently, the goods did get delivered, but the long delays and lack of communication are the same, leaving people no choice but to have to deal with a Paypal grievance just to protect themselves. You would think that the chance of getting stuck with 40 heat sinks and no one to sell them to (at least on this forum) would motivate him to at least communicate while logging in. But not this guy. Not exactly making for a good relationship with Paypal, either. Really poor form.

Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I know it's pretty frustrating, and I personally account for a large share of the lot.

I have escalated my Paypal dispute to a claim. If you have not done so, you may wish to consider it.

If, for some reason, Paypal is unable to resolve our grievances anyone who would like to join me in a legal action is welcome to send me a private email. I have an attorney in Seattle in mind as we would need local representation. I will cover most or all of the expenses.

I have Chris's address, but not his phone number. If any of you have it, you can email it to me. I'm sure, working together, we can reach some sort of resolution.

Also, if anyone here is a Washington resident, please let me know.

Last question: Are we all reasonably sure that we're actually dealing with Chris Wujek? I noticed in his last debacle, he claimed to have had his email account hijacked.

Sincerely,

Mike

I know it's pretty frustrating, and I personally account for a large share of the lot.

I have escalated my Paypal dispute to a claim. If you have not done so, you may wish to consider it.

If, for some reason, Paypal is unable to resolve our grievances anyone who would like to join me in a legal action is welcome to send me a private email. I have an attorney in Seattle in mind as we would need local representation. I will cover most or all of the expenses.

I have Chris's address, but not his phone number. If any of you have it, you can email it to me. I'm sure, working together, we can reach some sort of resolution.

Also, if anyone here is a Washington resident, please let me know.

Last question: Are we all reasonably sure that we're actually dealing with Chris Wujek? I noticed in his last debacle, he claimed to have had his email account hijacked.

Sincerely,

Mike

One data point on the real Chris -- in post #44 another member, who joined 1 1/2 hears ago, got the heatsinks in person from Chris. The fake Chris would have to be really good in order to pull that one off.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.