• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: 6-channel DIY amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For sale is our first attempt at a DIY amplifier using the LM4780 chipset. Myself and two friends built this guy. We made many wrong turns with the amp but it works wonderfully.

The purpose of using the LM4780 was to bridge channel pairs which we quickly decided against. I decided to sell the amp now because an circuit board was designed to allow for an IR sensor for turn on as well as a 12V trigger. I could not get it to work so I decided it is time to start from scratch.

I am located in MN if anyone is interested in the amp. I would like $375 shipped for this guy. I am completely open to offers as I have no idea how much this guy is worth. It is HEAVY, really HEAVY.

The first pic shows the transformer and circuit board for the remote turn-on, push-button, toggle switch and 12V trigger.

Attachments

• Amp1_V1.jpg
    Amp1_V1.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 324
  • Amp2_V1.jpg
    Amp2_V1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 309
  • Amp3_V1.jpg
    Amp3_V1.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
POWER SUPPLY
Hammond 182T30 750VA, 60V C.T. @ 12.5A, 30V @ 25A, dual secondary transformer
10 x 22000uF Panasonic bypass caps 50V (P6946-ND)

Ultra low distortion TI OPA2227 front-end
Local Nichicon UWP Capacitors - 105* 25V 1800uF
3 x LM4780 single-ended stereo (6ch)

Measured power = 90W @ 4ohm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.