• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: genuine Toshiba 2SC5200/2SA1943, 4 pairs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Digi-Key - 2SA1943-OQ-ND (Manufacturer - 2SA1943-O(Q))

2sc5200

Wont either of these places ship to you? I believe they are based in the USA but will ship airmail directly to you for what is £12 here in the UK and shipping is free if you spend over a certain amount with them (£50 in the UK).

I've currently got an order from Mouser that is in the process of being shipped. They provide you with excellent tracking services via UPS, notifying you each step of the way how your parcel is being processed. My parcel has been in transit for a little over 24 hours and there's 13 individual entries on it's progress during that time.

They also give you the option of either paying VAT when the parcel arrives, or they can pay it for you (I assume this means you just pay them more), at the time of purchase.

I would be very surprised if the products both stocked weren't genuine.

Either way I ordered a few 5200/1943s myself so I can let you know if they appear genuine when they arrive.

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Yeah, I wouldn't consider ordering c5200/a1943 from anyone BUT a major electronics distributor. Digi-Key stock is authentic. In fact I asked about this by email once and their Toshiba product manager called me back almost immediately and assured me they *only* buy them directly from Toshiba.

Digi-Key also sells Fairchild versions which also have a good reputation. Fairchilds also come in smaller TO-220 packages, and larger TO-264 packages to suit different power dissipation requirements. These are called FJL4315/4215 if I remember correctly.

..Todd

Last edited:
There seems to be a lot of inconsistency between prices online, so obviously it pays to shop around. I bought from Littlediode 4x BUV20 trannies for my NCC200 build at about st£7 each (prices have risen since then to about st£9 each), which is about the same as Mouser. That compares to Farnell at about st£17 to st£18 each. Mouser do not include any taxes (VAT) which for me in Ireland amounts to another 22% paid on delivery.
This French site also has what you are looking for and you can buy just one item (no need to purchase in 10’s), not the cheapest but not the most expensive either - Awatronic, composants lectroniques I have no personal experience of them though.

Hope that helps

I've just ordered 25pr 1943/5200 and 500 other transistors from ProFusion (UK).
I'll report when I have had a good look at them.
the order arrived today.
The 1943/5200 look genuine.
The markings are similar to what Tosh show on the datasheet.
There are no codes stamped in the little glossy indents.
The lot nos are 927 with an underscore below the 27.
This is preceded by a tiny o near to top of the 9 (like a degree symbol in degreesC) and 849 again with the preceding degree mark and the last two digits underscored.

All the others are stated as unisonic manufacture.

I found this test schematic on a Spanish website. supposedly it will spot the fake 2SC5200/1943 devices. I don't know how accurate that really is. I suppose it depends on what device they choose to use as the base of the fake. but i built the circuit and tested a batch of devices i purchased a while back. all passed, all are still working happily in the amp they were put in so????

Zc

Attachments

• pruetran1.gif
    pruetran1.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
As far as I can see from a quick look, that rig tests wether the bjts can withstand about 150V collector emitter voltage (switch not pressed) and wether it can pass about 1A (switch pressed, 100W 120V bulb limits current).

Not a really usefull test, IMHO.

Have fun, Hannes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.