• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Wanted a copy of HP 3563A Getting Started Guide

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Wanted a copy of HP 3563A Getting Started Guide

Hi all,

I have bought (for cheap) an old working HP 3563A and I have some problems in order to get my first measurements done with it. (IMO it should be probably a question of too small a brain that I have got …)

So here it is : I am able to provide you with the following new WIMA condensators :

10x MKS4 10uF 100Vdc RM 27,5mm,
10x MKS4 22uF 100Vdc RM 27,5mm,
10x MKP10 0,42uF 5% 250Vdc RM 22,5 mm,

and not WIMA :
20x axial polyprop. 22nF 5% 250V (1,9cm x diam 7,5mm).
Here the measured values at some frequencies of one that I took at random of these :

100Hz Cs=22.740nF, D=0.00008
1kHz Cs=22.737nF, D=0.00008
10kHz Cs=22,733nF, D=0.00024
100kHz Cs=22.803nF, D=0.00044
200kHz Cs=23.048nF, D=0.00211

Each one provides the expedition in reasonable good conditions to the other. No question of money here. If in the USA, say to me what I should write on the box.

“Wanted a copy” means copy on paper perfectly readable and complete (no page missing). If it is a download, contact me as we should speak about a new deal.

Best regards

rephil

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi dimitri,

Thank you for this very friendly answer.

But I already did the download of the available manuals in the Agilent site. My problem is a hardware – software problem : pressing an hardware key should sometimes give a software menu. These are not always coming as expected, and pressing the software keys don’t always allow the expected result.

As I have bought this HP 3563A in eBay, from a more than respectable seller, I have the need of a quick procedure that allows me to say him that the instrument is not working as expected. I have no experience of this particular instrument.

Let us say for example that using an external sine generator, It would not be possible to measure the position and value of an harmonic of the fundamental frequency.

What I see here is strange : the X key can’t be set. The Y key when pressed can’t be disabled and it is only possible to move the cursor going down from half of the display. This don’t allow to get measurements.

I don’t want to say to the seller that the instrument is not working when it is, and that I had only to use it in an appropriate way. The instrument is maybe in some particular configuration that don’t allow it to work otherwise.

I have the feeling that the instrument worked very fine before going to my home. There is the transport between the seller’s home and my home. You know, vibrations are not always ‘good vibrations’… and the instrument was aged. Some aged instruments should not change home anymore as this kill them for sure, the same way as it is for human beeing. I hope to be wrong.

Again, many thanks for your suggestion.

Best regards

rephil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.