• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Brand New Beyma TPL150 AMT FS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a brand new pair of Beyma TPL150 Air Motion Transformers available for sale. I bought them for a potential dipole waveguide project, but with my current academic schedule, I haven't had time to model/integrate them into a design.

These are capable of incredible output (>120dB), extreme power handling, extremely low crossover points (1khz), provide ultra high sensitivity (99dB), and provide an extended extremely linear, low distortion response. I'm not sure of any other drivers that approach this level of performance in so many different categories.

http://profesional.beyma.com/pdf/TPL150E.pdf

Compression drivers provide high dynamic capability, but suffer from resonances due to the additional mass within the waveguide that is coupled to the diaphragm. These resonances are not able to be avoided under any circumstances.

Ribbons provide extended response and high dynamic capability, but traditionally cannot be crossed below 3khz without being stressed due to the high displacement requirements for fidelity at high amplitudes.

Domes simply cannot compete with either of the aforementioned formats. They suffer from severe power compression and provide a poor response due to the closed termination diaphragm topology.

Price is $400/each

If interested, please send me a PM

Thanks,
Thadman

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.