• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Free tonearm for someone in US or Canada.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I dont even know what this is, but im going to give it to anyone who will pay shipping (about $10 - 14 for expedited to the US)

no response in a few days and its going to be scrap.

tonearm.jpg

I dont even know what this is, but im going to give it to anyone who will pay shipping (about $10 - 14 for expedited to the US)

no response in a few days and its going to be scrap.

tonearm.jpg

I'll take it.

ps. It's an ortofon rs 212, and it's worth at least a few hundred dollars.

so, I'll take it providing you still want to give it away.

well it does not have a lifter mechanism or anything, and there is a threaded hole in the back with nothing in it.

you probably have to do some tinkering.

Screw it im gonna send it to you anyways :D someone on a different forum sent me a free Pulsar 1 board to replace a broken one so im paying it forward.

all i request is that you are going to use it and not put it on ebay.

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
D to the g is absolutely correct that this arm is an Ortofon RS-212, guess you did not look hard enough - then again without knowing how could you find out? :)

Anyway here is a link that will put any doubt to rest:
http://www.vinylengine.com/library/ortofon/rs-212.shtml

You will find a link to the manual on the above page. Direct links to it will not work.

Attachments

• Screenshot-1.jpg
    Screenshot-1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Well i hope you are good at tinkering, i have no idea if the internal wiring is still good, and it has no headshell, and maybe a part missing from the back (optional?) it seems the lifter was optional as well because this one has a plug where the lifter would be.

I seem to remeber that around the time when this was made, ortofon had cartridge that plugged directly in the headhell connector, so its probably a standard one.

cant wait to see it get a new life!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.