• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

150 watt digital amp NEW HARRIS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Never used fully digital amplifier that runs off single supply up to 50VDC, uses H bridge for output. This is a MONO amp, I have a folder with full documentation/schematics/operation theory. Amplifier is Harris prototype using Harris components. I only accept cash,check or money order, no credit card. I live in Pennsylvania USA (zip 17036). Thanks tjshopp@aol.com

Attachments

• amy 157.jpg
    amy 157.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 589
Digital amp specs

The manual says: 10 - 50 VDC for the output rail and 14 - 18 VDC for the amplifier driver stage, I don't believe the voltages have to be isolated from each other. Its the model HIP4080AEVAL2 150w class D amplifier, The Harris Semiconductor web site should still have info on the amplifier, I believe the cost was $150 US.
I never listened to these amplifiers so I can't comment on the sound.

According to the datasheet, this amp needs two supplies: one for chip power 15-20V, and another bulk power up to 40V, high current. The datasheet also states that it is designed for 4Ω operation, and with an 8Ω load you'll need to change out the magnetcis and capacitors.

It wouldn't work at all on 12V supplies, because it uses linear regulators to supply 12V to the chips. So it needs at least 12V + dropout.

At least, that's how I read the datasheet.

And no, it doesn't not appear to be a real digital amp, but a standard, mono, analog, PWM class-D amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.