• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Sale in Geelong

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Drivers for sale

My lovely lady says that if we are buying a house I have to downsize for a while.

Also I would like to finance some new drivers for the “Kit in Australia “

I’ll offer here first before putting them on Ebay.

You can check out our feedback there by looking for “Goldmelb”

First off a selection of salvaged LG and Panasonic shielded drivers from small HT speakers

Pictures in this thread

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=147538&highlight=

Post or collection, best offer over $10- Postage extra of course

I have quite a bit of NOS (New Old Stock) drivers from Jaycar.
The new house is far too small for OB speakers so I guess they have to go.

Jaycar CW 2125 $35- each / obo
Jaycar CW 2119 $30 each / obo

Also

A pair of 15inch MTX woofers
These have a Kevlar re-cone by Total Recoil in Thornbury Melbourne.
TS parameters haven’t been measured but the new FS is 18HZ, X-max is only 8mm so power handling is limited.
I could get these to work in a 1200 wide OB with short wings about 200mm deep. But that size is too big for new room.

Make me a reasonable offer over $50- the pair Postage extra of course

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Other drivers follow as I find them

I have a quad of re-worked Vifa M-11

These were modified for a specific project that never got off the ground, new very lightweight paper cones and a very soft surround were fitted by Attila Tanka in Melbourne and at the same time the voice-coils were rewound 4 layer and 16R.

You would have to measure them yourself but the have a greater SPL than the original but are harsher above 5k so these would need a little more work than the original M-ll, I still have the original spider/VC and cone in excellent condition which is included in the sale
$120 each so $480- post extra will post world-wide, and I'll take PayPal for overseas sales

http://www.speakerbits.com/products...idranges-quadral-bass-midranges/list-150.aspx

http://www.speakerbits.com/net/catalogs/showpic1.aspx?id=VF110E

Moondog55 said:
Drivers for sale

My lovely lady says that if we are buying a house I have to downsize for a while.

Also I would like to finance some new drivers for the “Kit in Australia “

I’ll offer here first before putting them on Ebay.

You can check out our feedback there by looking for “Goldmelb”

First off a selection of salvaged LG and Panasonic shielded drivers from small HT speakers

Pictures in this thread

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=147538&highlight=

Post or collection, best offer over $10- Postage extra of course

I have quite a bit of NOS (New Old Stock) drivers from Jaycar.
The new house is far too small for OB speakers so I guess they have to go.

Jaycar CW 2125 $35- each / obo
Jaycar CW 2119 $30 each / obo

Would $60 (plus postage) for the pair of Jaycar CW 2125 drivers be enough for a sale? How do they sound by the way? I almost bought some a few years ago, but I was worried about the sound quality. I may very well be interested in the CW 2119 as well.

Nic.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Sound quality on OB is good, even the HF is listenable
Think of old valve radios that had backs made from soft fabric.

I haven't tried a 2-way with these but with the right mid-tweeter they could sound more than OK. I have a pair suitable as well.
You really need 2 a side for power handling but they sound warmer and richer than the 10 inch.
I have used the 10 inch OB and experimented with the combination of 1*12 and 1*10.

I have some 10 inch with better HF also ( really cheap) a pair of Akia 8inch mid woofers that have a really nice sound quality and quite efficient too.
Email me for more details and discussion on price

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.