• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Murphy Usher two way FS Seattle area

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Great sounding speakers but I want something a little more efficient to use with my SE 6BQ5 amp. I finished these about 3 months ago and paid a little over $500 for all of the parts/materials. All air core inductors and Solen/Dayton caps. High pass and low pass sections are built on separate boards. Front baffle is 2" thick with opening behind woofer heavily scalloped to allow it to breathe. Side walls are 13/4" thick. Interior is braced and lined with 1" Sonic Barrier foam. Basically they are a stand mounted design built as a compact floor stander with the extra volume dedicated to mass loading:) Cabinets, as you might imagine, are dead.
They are also heavy, so I won't ship them. If you live in the Seattle/Bellingham area this is your chance to pick up a great pair of speakers cheap. I would like $350 for them but will consider trades for a high efficiency design like Klipsch Forte, Heresy, Cornwall, Chorus, etc. BTW the finish is pure pigment(carbon) mixed with shellac. I put on several coats, sanding between each coat for a sort of distressed look. My friends think they look like the charcoal sticks that artists use(I think they like them). I am located in Bellingham but would consider driving them to the Seattle area.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.