• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SB Acoustics 10" woofers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What made you change your mind?

Frank

About what? Wanting to use them in my design? They do appear to have great build quality.

How many are there for the $150? Thanks!

Yes, this is true. I made my mind up I didn't want these before I read any editorials or distortion data about this driver because they were too wide for my speakers and I didn't want to mess with drivers that weren't from a highly regarded company. For a weight room I would use some big professional drivers or at least bigger drivers. I almost got some brand new Scan Speak 10" for $225 shipped. You have to look around. To me it is worth an extra $75 or $100 or $150 to get better build and designed drivers, but that's just me. But I guess as long as I'm giving my opinion, I might as well write: to me it is important who I give my money to, but once again, that's just me.

My point was just general. Why buy value engineered products even though the performance is 90% of high end drivers? Time is valuable for most people. You can buy a Ford Mustang that has 99% the performance of a Porsche. Why buy a Porsche? Especially in America where the old men that drive Porsches go 60 MPH (100 km/h) on the highway. You can buy organic food that is 99.99% the same as regular food. Why buy organic food? But go to an organic food store and go to a non-organic grocery store and tell me which group of people you would rather look like and be. Why even look for a partner that looks good and is expensive to maintain, when you could have a homely looking partner that doesn't cost much and does everything you say? She's 99.9999999% the same! lol what a useless rant :joker:

Last edited:
Sorry for posting on an old thread , But I can't help but say.. LOL ! :D

About what? Wanting to use them in my design? They do appear to have great build quality.

Yes, this is true. I made my mind up I didn't want these before I read any editorials or distortion data about this driver because they were too wide for my speakers and I didn't want to mess with drivers that weren't from a highly regarded company. For a weight room I would use some big professional drivers or at least bigger drivers. I almost got some brand new Scan Speak 10" for $225 shipped. You have to look around. To me it is worth an extra $75 or $100 or $150 to get better build and designed drivers, but that's just me. But I guess as long as I'm giving my opinion, I might as well write: to me it is important who I give my money to, but once again, that's just me.

My point was just general. Why buy value engineered products even though the performance is 90% of high end drivers? Time is valuable for most people. You can buy a Ford Mustang that has 99% the performance of a Porsche. Why buy a Porsche? Especially in America where the old men that drive Porsches go 60 MPH (100 km/h) on the highway. You can buy organic food that is 99.99% the same as regular food. Why buy organic food? But go to an organic food store and go to a non-organic grocery store and tell me which group of people you would rather look like and be. Why even look for a partner that looks good and is expensive to maintain, when you could have a homely looking partner that doesn't cost much and does everything you say? She's 99.9999999% the same! lol what a useless rant :joker:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.